Help Needed! Back leg trouble

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama My brother just checked on him. He said Cyrus his dragging his back leg. I'm pretty sure it's the same leg as the needle, but again that was Friday night.

Just checking in... how is Cyrus doing today?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Another way to make it healthier for your dog is to check titres when it's time to vaccinate. If titres of antibodies are still high, no need to inject dog unnecessarily. I'm going to go this way in the future. We just had 10 days ago rabies vaccination and Tank had a lot of unpleasant symptoms - slept for 2 days all day long like a rock, then became agitated, lost appetite for a week, ate half of his food and the rest I was hand feeding him, shed more than usual, eyes were runny. Hate this rabies vaccine! And some sources say dogs can have enough antibodies up to 7 years after vaccination, so im going to do titres in the future. In Europe everything operates on titres, nobody asks for rabies vaccination record, but they check your dog's antibodies titre.

Core vaccine is another bad vaccine- it's a modified live virus. I feel comfortable just having my dogs' titres for the core vaccine components checked every 3 years. I'm worried about taking my dogs across borders without a proper rabies certificate so will try to get them vaccinated every 3 years with the thimerosal free rabies vaccine.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Core vaccine is another bad vaccine- it's a modified live virus. I feel comfortable just having my dogs' titres for the core vaccine components checked every 3 years. I'm worried about taking my dogs across borders without a proper rabies certificate so will try to get them vaccinated every 3 years with the thimerosal free rabies vaccine.

Ive read somewhere US accepts "titres" documents. I would call. I also would rather not over med any of my pups.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Ive read somewhere US accepts "titres" documents. I would call. I also would rather not over med any of my pups.

I also need to submit my proof of rabies vaccination to get my dog's annual licence and tag from my city , which is a fine of up to 5000.00 maximum if your pet is caught without one.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I also need to submit my proof of rabies vaccination to get my dog's annual licence and tag from my city , which is a fine of up to 5000.00 maximum if your pet is caught without one.

You're kidding 5K?!?!? What a money grab!!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You're kidding 5K?!?!? What a money grab!!!

Same fine as littering in Vaughan, the municipality north of Toronto where I live. I wish my neighbours would get caught when letting their German Shepherds poo on public land across the street from me without picking up. My bulldogs hate those German Shepherds. Wonder if it's a British-German thing.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Thanks everyone!!!! I called the vet before I got home and they said it can't be related to the needle. BUT when I got home that day, he was back to his jumpy flying in the air self. I've never been so happy to have him jump on me. HAHA.

And by "dragging" my brother meant "limping"....teens. Pfft. Thank you all for you help!! I'm so happy he's doing much better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone!!!! I called the vet before I got home and they said it can't be related to the needle. BUT when I got home that day, he was back to his jumpy flying in the air self. I've never been so happy to have him jump on me. HAHA.

And by "dragging" my brother meant "limping"....teens. Pfft. Thank you all for you help!! I'm so happy he's doing much better.

Great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Of course they will say that to protect themselves. Glad he's ok !!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Can't be related to the needle??? Loll that's funny. Doubt vets will say...of course its cause by the shot... boils down jumping jack Cyrus is back to normal. :2thumbs: