Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
consider this one.
Slow feed bowl

We had to start using one for Winky. He choked on Thanksgiving morning and passed out. Thankfully I was standing in front of him when he dropped. Two heimlichs and his airway cleared. The adrenalin surge had me shaking for an hour.
Bulldogs eat too fast!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
consider this one.
Slow feed bowl

We had to start using one for Winky. He choked on Thanksgiving morning and passed out. Thankfully I was standing in front of him when he dropped. Two heimlichs and his airway cleared. The adrenalin surge had me shaking for an hour.
Bulldogs eat too fast!!!
Glad you was there n Winky is alright. I swear these dogs 🤦‍♀️

Duke as a pup did that to me. I hear behind me a sound like a fish flapping on the floor. Duke was choking. I swear took a second n I was down the throat. And you know Duke Evel Keievel 24/7 right back sitting wanting more food. Hell no, my nerves was shot.

I like the Upsky. Jake also is eats from a slow feeder which was Dukes bowl. He regurgitates after supper n can last hours. The more patterns the better. This one is made by Hounds.

For the ones consider a slow feeder, yes stainless is always better. Plastic needs to be washed with soap n hot water n dried properly every time. .

Attachments

• IMG_7622.jpeg
    IMG_7622.jpeg
    908.1 KB · Views: 11

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have always used glass (such as baking) dishes for dogs. The past two years Maude started to eat so fast,one day I had to stick my hand down her throat and pull the food out as she was choking.:scared:Wanted to find a ceramic slow feed bowl. They cost 40 and up. Wound up with the plastic, but wash it good after eating-but she STILL eats too fast! She acts like a lady-eats like a beast!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH MY!!!! Banks was our fast eater.... I had to use a baking sheet at times to slow her down when I was feeding kibble. Once we switched to raw... I just spread it flat in the bowl and she had to lick instead of grab it all at once

Members online

No members online now.