Any recommendations for lasting chew treats? Pig ears?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I read that marrow is great for pups too... where do you get them and what is cost? I want something that keeps his interest for longer than a night.

This horn has had very high interest tonight and looks like I could stuff it with pb also.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I get them at the grocery store... frozen section or in the meat department, but it is even better to go to, if you have one, a local butcher.... fresh and cheap. I pay anywhere from 2-4 dollar per bone. just be sure to NOT cook or smoke them... just raw

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Bump for more info. Got a water buffalo horn tonight because Pablo grabbed it off the shelf, and it was cheap. Perfect combo. He seems to LOVEit but didn't see it mentioned here.

I know to watch if it starts falling apart. Anything else? How much are the options you all listed, approximately?

These things are expensive! I have hunter friends but I don't think elk lol just deer maybe.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

We have one, Rosco is still a pup but he seems to like it. We have this, antler, nylabone(he really doesn't like this one much) so I switch them out daily so he doesn't get bored and then he gets marrow bones. We've had the water buffalo horn for probably a month now or a little more. I think it holds up well, he chews on it and plays with it a lot. He has slung it across the room, hit the brick fireplace, wood floors, stone tile floors, etc. It hasn't splintered, cracked, or broken at all. I never thought about putting some pb in it, that's a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.