Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Poop

  1. #1
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,895
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6795

    Default Poop

    Tomorrow will be one week since Louie has been home. He poops a lot, which is expected but sometimes it's scoopable and sometimes it's too soft and you have to use a bag. He was on a chicken and rice kibble at the breeders so right now I'm feeding Fromm chicken a la veg and he's getting 2/3 cup three times a day. I also just started to introduce a probiotic in.

    Jax is on raw and eventually Louie will probably go to raw as well. I'm planning on trying Grandma Lucy's in a month or so.

    Should I cut back on food? Is he still adjusting to his new home? Any suggestions are appreciated!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,347
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13768

    Default Re: Poop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Tomorrow will be one week since Louie has been home. He poops a lot, which is expected but sometimes it's scoopable and sometimes it's too soft and you have to use a bag. He was on a chicken and rice kibble at the breedet now I'm feeding Fromm chicken a la veg and he's getting 2/3 cup three times a day. I also just started to introduce a probiotic in.
    Jax is on raw and eventually Louie will probably go to raw as well. I'm planning on trying Grandma Lucy's in a month or so.
    Should I cut back on food? Is he still adjusting to his new home? Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your little Louie is same age as my little Duke. Duke was on raw, tripe n for the free feed throughout the day was Acana chicken . Duke is like either scoupable or extremely soft. I weaned him off raw and now on HK with Puppy Acana chicken. Basically I want both pups eating the same and not 20 different meals to prep. I also give him sauerkraut and pumpkin to control the diarrhea. He is much better than last week. He eats 3.5 cups a day. His HK is split in 3 n he gets 3x 1/2 cup of puppy Acana. I noticed I cant introduce him to new stuff too fast. He ends up with diarrhea. Stay on Louie's breeder's schedule for another week so he gets use to his new life. 2nd week with Duke and I see the difference. I was worried too about bright blood in his stool. Boils down was just stress. New home, new sister, new parents, new backyard et etc. If you want to change his food wait another week or so. Just remove a bit of his kibbles.... NOT all and add raw if that's what your goal is like jax.

  3. Likes Cbrugs, 2BullyMama liked this post
  4. #3
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,895
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6795

    Default Re: Poop

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Your little Louie is same age as my little Duke. Duke was on raw, tripe n for the free feed throughout the day was Acana chicken . Duke is like either scoupable or extremely soft. I weaned him off raw and now on HK with Puppy Acana chicken. Basically I want both pups eating the same and not 20 different meals to prep. I also give him sauerkraut and pumpkin to control the diarrhea. He is much better than last week. He eats 3.5 cups a day. His HK is split in 3 n he gets 3x 1/2 cup of puppy Acana. I noticed I cant introduce him to new stuff too fast. He ends up with diarrhea. Stay on Louie's breeder's schedule for another week so he gets use to his new life. 2nd week with Duke and I see the difference. I was worried too about bright blood in his stool. Boils down was just stress. New home, new sister, new parents, new backyard et etc. If you want to change his food wait another week or so. Just remove a bit of his kibbles.... NOT all and add raw if that's what your goal is like jax.
    Yeah, that's why I'm doing a similar kibble to what the breeder was giving as I didn't want to upset his tummy. I'll keep him on it for a bit longer. I can't switch him to raw just yet as he has cystinuria and raw is too much protein. Once he gets neutered, he can eat whatever. He can eat dehydrated raw which is why I was going to do Grandma Lucy's. I looked at HK but they add synthetic methionine and I need to stay away from that too. I might try a different brand of kibble too, maybe Zignature. But I'll give him a couple more weeks to settle in. Sometimes his poop is good, sometimes not so good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,645
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17741

    Default Re: Poop

    Great plan... he us still settling in so this isn't uncommon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes Cbrugs, helsonwheels liked this post
  8. #5
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,895
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6795

    Default Re: Poop

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Great plan... he us still settling in so this isn't uncommon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I thought but it's been awhile since I've dealt with puppy poop. I was feeding 3/4 cup three times a day and then went to 2/3 cup three times in case he was eating too much. But it seems to be about the same. Should I go back to 3/4 cup? He's a growing puppy so I want to make sure he's getting enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    46,645
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    17741

    Default Re: Poop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    That's what I thought but it's been awhile since I've dealt with puppy poop. I was feeding 3/4 cup three times a day and then went to 2/3 cup three times in case he was eating too much. But it seems to be about the same. Should I go back to 3/4 cup? He's a growing puppy so I want to make sure he's getting enough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is a great article on here, can't find it while on phone, but it is 'why my puppy has diarrhea '. Within the article is a great guideline for feeding and age


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #7
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,895
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6795

    Default Re: Poop

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    There is a great article on here, can't find it while on phone, but it is 'why my puppy has diarrhea '. Within the article is a great guideline for feeding and age


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Found the article. It says 2/3 - 3/4 cup three times a day which is what I am doing. So I guess I am on the right track.

  11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •