Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bulldog puppy sounds congested

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    so we been to the vets , they checked her over - ad vet thinks this congested sound is a result of her tiny nostrils, this put me at ease.-
    We had such a hettic week, Lily character is truly coming out now xxx
    Happy to hear it's not anything critical. She is such a cutie pie!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    so we been to the vets , they checked her over - ad vet thinks this congested sound is a result of her tiny nostrils, this put me at ease.-
    We had such a hettic week, Lily character is truly coming out now xxx

Glad to hear it was nothing too serious.... watch her in the heat, those tiny nostrils can make it very hard to breathe
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Hi everyone
    I wonder if you could give me some advice please. I have just purchased a 5 1/2 month bulldog. She is a lovely dog with a really cheeky character and she loves my staffie. The advice I am after is she has had the enlongated soft palate operation about a month and a half ago. Sometimes she still sounds very raspy and crackly and a couple of times she has coughed up some phleim.is this natural and will it clear in time or will it stay the same? I was assured that she has been given a clean bill of health by the vet that performed the operation.
    I appreciate your help.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gill0101 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I wonder if you could give me some advice please. I have just purchased a 5 1/2 month bulldog. She is a lovely dog with a really cheeky character and she loves my staffie. The advice I am after is she has had the enlongated soft palate operation about a month and a half ago. Sometimes she still sounds very raspy and crackly and a couple of times she has coughed up some phleim.is this natural and will it clear in time or will it stay the same? I was assured that she has been given a clean bill of health by the vet that performed the operation.
    I appreciate your help.
    Thank you

If the operation was just done I would wait to see if her breathing improves but if we're talking like more then a couple of weeks I would take her back to the same vet and have her checked out just to be on the safe side. to EBN!!

Thank you. Lovely to be part of this group. She had the operation on April 1st. I am speaking with the breeder in the morning as he was the one who had the operation done. She has had a bad day today it hasn't cleared at all. It's so heartbreaking listening to her. She is sill eating and drinking but she has been sick just bringing up the phlem. We've only had her a week but we are so attached to her already

Using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gill0101 View Post
    Thank you. Lovely to be part of this group. She had the operation on April 1st. I am speaking with the breeder in the morning as he was the one who had the operation done. She has had a bad day today it hasn't cleared at all. It's so heartbreaking listening to her. She is sill eating and drinking but she has been sick just bringing up the phlem. We've only had her a week but we are so attached to her already

oh that's not good at all, I would get her to a vet right away, it sounds like it is something else entirely. Like an upper respiratory problem. I'm so sorry she's going through this. In the meantime you can give her a squirt of lemon juice to break up the phlegm. please keep us updated on her....

I will do and thank you

Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Jeff
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dallas
    Likes (Received)

Definitely get her checked ASAP. In the meantime, I would try to nebulize her. You can use a garment steamer (they are inexpensive) or if you have a small bathroom, you can just turn on the hot water and steam the room. Then, stand over her and gently pat her sides right below her ribcage. This will help her cough up any phlegm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads