The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default So upset..

This thread is more of a vent than anything. I know most of you understand what I'm going through so thanks in advance for reading..

This all started on 5/7- two days after Blues Rabies vaccine. First, he started getting a rash on his belly. It wasn't too bad when it first started, but quickly developed into hives.
    I tried treating it by myself. First using Malaket wipes along with Neosporin, but when I realized he wouldn't stop itching, I switched to Benadryl ointment. When that didn't work, I started using Benadryl caplets. Nothing helped. I had to wrap him in a shirt to keep him from scratching open his scabs and contacted his vet.
    In the middle of all this, he developed Cherry Eye in his left eye. The irony here is just a week earlier I took him to an Opthamologist for his right eye..lol.. She checked him out an all was fine. We've managed to massage it back in but it's been coming out every 3-4 days. Last time was 3 days ago. Hoping for the best but know that the reality is he'll need to have it fixed eventually.

So, his Vet was here last week. Did a cytology (sp?) and it turned out to be a very bad yeast infection that spread all over. There's some bacteria too but she's hoping we can treat it without antibiotics- and put him on Chlorhexidine PS shampoo and Hydroxyzine tablets. No idea what caused it, but she said it's not food related as he's too young.

Then, last night, while we were giving him his third bath in 6 days, poor baby , we noticed a bald spot with a small bump. It's in the exact same place where we applied Frontline on 5/2. WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG??!

Here's a pic of his belly (it's actually way worse than it looks here), and his eye.

Attachment 43941Attachment 43942

I'm so upset, he's only 5 months old and I feel like we're failing him.

Thanks for letting me rant... feel like i'm going..

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So upset..

Our Bully babies are very sensitive..... breathe!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear this dilemma. Trusting all will be well and work out fine

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Frontline can do that to bullies and can even get worse, we don't use it. he only thing we use for fleas and for heartworms is Sentinel. Poor boy, hope he gets better soon.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I wonder if this is all a reaction to the frontline. By your dates it sure seems like it, I would certainly contact them if I was you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor Blue! Please don't feel like you're failing him. If you were failing him you wouldn't have tried to heal him yourself and you wouldn't have taken him to the vet and you wouldn't have made him t-shirts and you wouldn't have taken the time to let us all know what kind of a nightmare Sir Blueberry Muffin is going through. We cant help but get overly worried about our little guys because we love them so much and when everything happens all at once like is happening to him it gets incredibly frustrating and over whelming. Don't doubt for one second that you aren't a FANTASTIC mom that loves her Blue like no one's biz because he sure loves you a lot and would be in a much bigger mess if he didn't have you to watch over him!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all .
    @desertskybulldogs I thought about it and you're right, it all seems to coincide. Originally I thought it was the rabies vaccine as I know it has side effects, but the hair loss at the application site, well that's Frontline.
    I checked their website and would you believe that don't have an email listed??!! WTH? So strange. So I sent an email to 1800petmeds which is were I purchased it from. Will also be sending snail mail to Frontline.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

AAAWWWWW! I wish me and Duke could give you guys a hug! it will all be ok.. we went through so much when Duke was young.. now he is 5 and we have different issues..they are our babies and it is upsetting when they are itchy or not well.. but in all honestly I think THEY handle better than us!!

Let us know what you find out!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Thanks all .
    @desertskybulldogs I thought about it and you're right, it all seems to coincide. Originally I thought it was the rabies vaccine as I know it has side effects, but the hair loss at the application site, well that's Frontline.
    I checked their website and would you believe that don't have an email listed??!! WTH? So strange. So I sent an email to 1800petmeds which is were I purchased it from. Will also be sending snail mail to Frontline.
    CoCo, my Ragdoll cat who's 13 yo now reacted to Frontline about 6 yrs ago
    and nearly died, it took her 5 days of barely hanging on to life before she started
    to improve. There should be a 1-800 # on the box (may have to call your Vet) to
    report reactions, that is what I used to report CoCo's near death.

Much love & prayers sending you & Blue from me & mine...GOD protect Blue!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@BabyDuke I think you're right. he seems to be handling this waaay better than me. @Texas Carol How terrible! I'm going to check the box today for the number just to report the hair loss at least. I'm also going to talk with my Vet later today. I don't want the bald spot getting worse, or the bump getting any bigger.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby, but that eye doesn't look bad at all. It's not really a sherry eye and it will most likely get better when his head grows a bit more. If it stays that small I would not put him through surgery. My Usko had that come out sometimes as a pup, but not so much anymore now that his head is big. For the yeast it's really better not to take antibiotics bc they also cause yeast. Buy some pro-and prebiotics they will also help with his immune system.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Dont take me as any kind of an expert but that eye doesn't look bad at all..... and while there is something on his belly it doesnt look serious at this point. Have you tried any aneceptic cream like neosporin or something like that on it.
    Anyone that gets a puppy thru puppyhood isn't failing..... I dont know how you all do it... Amy sure is challenging my sanity.. ROFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads