Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Good luck! We take Winston back to the vet to get checked out on Saturday as we have been having issues with infections also, he seems to be doing much better but it was talked about that if what we are doing now isn't working we may have to go the same route. :hug:

Lauren, how old is Winston? Petunia has an inverted tail but she is 8.5 and not sure if it is worth doing it. It itches all the time and has gunk in it. Now she runs away every time I pull a wipie out! I hate to see her wiping her butt because I know she is uncomfortable. :(

Sorry for the hijack!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Lauren, how old is Winston? Petunia has an inverted tail but she is 8.5 and not sure if it is worth doing it. It itches all the time and has gunk in it. Now she runs away every time I pull a wipie out! I hate to see her wiping her butt because I know she is uncomfortable. :(

Sorry for the hijack!

Aww poor Petunia, I hope she feels better! Winston will be two at the end of the month. His is not inverted but just a very tight corkscrew so very hard to keep clean! It takes two of us but we have been very diligent about it now that it has been brought to our attention. The gold bond powder seems to be working wonders! My fingers are crossed that he doesn't need surgery but sometimes as others have mentioned they do no matter how hard you try to avoid it, I hope you can figure out what is best for Petunia so she can be happy & comfortable!! Good luck & I will let you know if I have any better answers after Saturday! :hug:

OP
BeeGee

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
Thanks everybody! Sounds like those who have done it are glad they did and no terrible horror stories. We play hide and seek when the wipes come out as well! :) Hope you guys with the same troubles find a good fix-
I will let you know how it goes.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah had an inverted tail and like the others it was painful and hard to clean and towards the end within a few hours she would be whining softly and rubbing her bum by rocking back and forth. We had her tail amputated in December at age 1 (poor baby it was her 1 st Birthday). It was the best thing we ever did. But it is major surgery and I was prepared by EBN folks who had been through it that it was going to be a rough couple of days which it was. No drainage tubes and she came home that night because the vet knew I was able to look after her properly. She was in pain and the pain pills took the edge off but the first night she just cried and cried. I put pillows and blankets on the floor and slept with my arms around her to comfort her and finally she settled and slept. The next night was a bit better and by the third day she could sleep through the night but she was very sore and tender. It is surprising how much more energy and spark she had after she healed. I think the discomfort took its toll and it wasn't until after the surgery when she was pain free that she really seemed happier and more relaxed. I am glad it is over and so grateful for an excellent Bully vet who has experience with this surgery. He brought the amputated tail out to me after it had been surgically removed and me showed how the shape had dugs pretty deep into her tail pocket and that explained why it would have been so uncomfortable and why she would have cried. I wish you all the best.

Staff online

Members online