Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Red and swollen bum!

Cooper11

Default Re: Red and swollen bum!

@2BullyMama I just did the witch hazel and it is even bleeding a tad bit.....

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Ouch that looks so sore. I'm absolutely no help on this one Megan, sorry. Looks like you have some good advice though. I'm still learning about yeast. Hope Coop's bumm heals fast though.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds like he has a diaper rash, esp with the bleeding. Desitin should help. How are his poops?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Sounds like he has a diaper rash, esp with the bleeding. Desitin should help. How are his poops?
    His Poo is still really good and solid. I watched him today and he didn't seem in pain or anything. You seriously would never know that his bum was that red. I will try the desitin. Do you think the fromm is causing this stuff. Should I get the allergy test and stay on the fromm and see what the test says. @gunnyboy gave me a recommendation on stuff for the cysts...and I am going to get the shampoo you recommended. My mom is taking Gracie to vet tomorrow for his limp and she is going to see if they have it there.....I think the butt may be my fault. i should have been watching it. But he has NEVER had a problem with it before so I wasn;t paying much attention to it. His tail is the longer tail and it is very tight to him bum. It almost feels painful for me to pull it out a little to get under it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

I'm almost positive he had the cyst when he was on the veggie diet. I'M tired and i can't read that dumb font you are using.....so you might have already answered that question @Cooper11

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11...I hope you don't mind me asking but can you change your font? It's really hard to read. I would put him in the tub and gently run warm water over his behind with maybe some mild dog shampoo (puppy if you have it) and then rinse and pat gently dry. Then put some Neosporin on it and keep it clean from any poo residue.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Oh poor Coop.
    I don't have any words of wisdom since I'm new to the Bully world but I Hope Coop's bumm feel better soon!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    @Cooper11...I hope you don't mind me asking but can you change your font? It's really hard to read. I would put him in the tub and gently run warm water over his behind with maybe some mild dog shampoo (puppy if you have it) and then rinse and pat gently dry. Then put some Neosporin on it and keep it clean from any poo residue.
    LOL I know I hate this font too!!! I bought it from the bully marker monday and went on yesterday to buy a different one and the option changed from changing your font to changing your colors.... lol I will see if I can figure out how to change it. My mom and I were talking about how we hated it last night! I gave him a bath last night and that was how I found it. So I had already washed it. I got on here to see what to do. I cleaned it with witch hazel and then a couple hours later I put desitin on it. You should see the stink eye I get when I touch his bum!!!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by GRACIE11 View Post
    I'm almost positive he had the cyst when he was on the veggie diet. I'M tired and i can't read that dumb font you are using.....so you might have already answered that question @Cooper11
    Yes he had the cysts I am talking about the scabby things on his back....

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

the tail redness could be due to being left damp after bathing ,sometimes its hard to really get the tail pocket dry ,use a baby nappy rash cream on it,the cysts could be due to allergy,grass seed ,ingroing hair,soak in epsom salts and let air dry ,karen

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Ouch that looks sore .... I too would say allergies after reading through your list of what seems to be wrong with him. I know you said you are on the Fromm ... which flavour are you giving him?

Cooper11

I got the beef fritatta fromm.....
    I used witch hazel last night and then desitin later. Today I just cleaned it with a warm rag because the desitin coated his butt white and I couldn't tell it it looked any better. it doesn't look beat red anymore....I got some gauze pads and cleaned it with witch hazel again. and I will but some cream on it a little later. Him bum hole still seems swollen and I notice his um peepee keeps making its appearance and not going back in and I am thinking this is related to the bum issue. Do you think I should go to vet just to be safe???
    @cowsmom @ChanelnBrutus @karenben @kazzy220 @Fontanafox @JAKEISGREAT @Watson @gunnyboy @Davidh

As for dampness could be but I have done the same thing when it comes to baths. I think dampness could be the issue tho because his tail is so tight to his body he has never liked me cleaning or messing with his tail or bum. He didn't like me cleaning it today but it is still swollen not nearly as red!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads