Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow bully owners....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello fellow bully owners....

Yes..I think the marking would be expected..for a full grown male coming into a new house. Do you have any other dogs? I assume he is neutered. You really want to gently..but firmly correct that. What food is he currently on? As @Davidh said..that is all of ours toughest challenge! We are here to help..lots of people here who rescue and volunteer for rescues. May I all suggest...read..read..read!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Yes..I think the marking would be expected..for a full grown male coming into a new house. Do you have any other dogs? I assume he is neutered. You really want to gently..but firmly correct that. What food is he currently on? As @Davidh said..that is all of ours toughest challenge! We are here to help..lots of people here who rescue and volunteer for rescues. May I all suggest...read..read..read!
    I think since I commented on that one girl thread that wasn't working she rubbed it off on me??? Are you having trouble?

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Sumo is a good looking fella.
    We got our HRH as a retired breeder and she was 3 1/2. She has adapted to us and our life very nicely. She is an extremely quiet and timid girl. Scared of loud noises and prefers doing everything on a regimented time line. She does not like leaving her rooms. But she loves us like crazy. She gets very excited particularly when I get home from work in the evening. But because of her fears it took her almost a year to want to venture into the scary kitchen. We used to have to physically carry her outside if she got it in her head she didn't want to go out. At first her potty training regressed a little, and we had a few piddle accidents.

My point is that Sumo will adapt with time and love. But it may take some time to figure some things out, depending on what baggage his former life has left him with.
    And like others have said....good food is so extremely important to bullies. Check out the food recommendations, and if you notice some of the allergy issues associated with the wrong foods that can give you a place to start to find the right one.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Hi Chuck and Sumo! Lots of different sections full of good advice here. For example, there is a section on bulldog nutrition you should check out. I didnt know that alot of bullies have grain allergies until I found this forum, I put my dogs on a high quality, grain free dog kibble & they are doing so much better! This place is great!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Thanks alot for the advise friends...

@JAKEISGREAT.... he is not fixed and i am looking into getting him fixed asap. My girlfriend has a yorkie with hangsout at my place once i a while. We r gonna get them together soon to see if they get along.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Oh yes! For his long term health..get him neutered! Plus it should help him be a happier more easy going guy! Give him some time to adjust to his new surroundings and then get him snipped! When introducing. Do so on neutral territory...maybe outside...and go slow! Is the yorkie a Male or female? You will do fine...he will be a big love and you'll be amazed how wonderful these guys are! @Davidh ..have any tips for him on the marking and introducing to the Yorkie?
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 02-28-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I would just say watch him and when he marks tell him "NO" with a stern voice and immediately take him outside. As far as the meeting the Yorkie, as @JAKEISGREAT said, let them meet outside first and see how it goes. Most Yorkies think they are big and bad. Just keep calm and have fun.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of EBN and Bulldogs. These are great dogs and he will adapt very quickly.... there is lots to learn especially with their care and health; a great food will be your best friend and help lessen the health issues.

Ask lots of questions... someone here is sure to be able to help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

HI!!! Glad you found us. I hope you enjoy yourself here and with your new baby (they are ALL babies no matter what the age). Food is the key. Period. Get him on a high quality food that his allergies can tolerate and that solves a lot of problems with these wonderful bullies.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by carmoyomazam View Post
    Thanks alot for the advise friends...

@JAKEISGREAT.... he is not fixed and i am looking into getting him fixed asap. My girlfriend has a yorkie with hangsout at my place once i a while. We r gonna get them together soon to see if they get along.
    Take them on a walk together on neutral turf. YOU control the meeting. They'll be pals in no time.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

i will take all the advide you guys have given me. one thing i will look into is getting better food. we feed the yorkie blue buffalo what do you guys reccomend it for him. or should i be looking at other brands????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhhh what a handsome big boy!!

Absolutely best friend material there! Enjoy one another!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads