Behaviour issues....Has never happened before

Gemini203

Dec 4, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Presley
Hi, so our English Bulldog is about 2 years old. When I try to get her into the house from the backyard, she bites at the door and then runs away. I had gone outside myself to get her in the house, without being close to her or touching her, she had lunged at me 3 times. Our dog has never done this before. She seems to be very aggressive when outside lately.
Can anyone help me understand why this might be happening now??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Gemini203 At 2 she is testing and pushing limits. Go back to basics with her make sure she knows YOU and other humans in home are her leader. ' Nothing in life is free' is a great tool and very easy to use.

Until she is better behaved, I would leash her when outside to have better control of her reactions and behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, so our English Bulldog is about 2 years old. When I try to get her into the house from the backyard, she bites at the door and then runs away. I had gone outside myself to get her in the house, without being close to her or touching her, she had lunged at me 3 times. Our dog has never done this before. She seems to be very aggressive when outside lately.
Can anyone help me understand why this might be happening now??

And she does this is ONLY outside? How's she in the house?

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had this problem with FTSE around the same age and Christine gave me pretty much same suggestion and now FTSE is the perfect little angel a completely different boy to when he was younger

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
At 2 she is testing and pushing limits. Go back to basics with her make sure she knows YOU and other humans in home are her leader. Nothing in life is free is a great tool and very easy to use.

Until she is better behaved, I would leash her when outside to have better control of her reactions and behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if she is still agressive outside while on leash, try a Martingale collar.

Members online