Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: peeing on everything soft

  1. #1
    Newbie AshleyandMolly's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default peeing on everything soft

    I adopted a 3 year old eb a month ago and for the last two weeks after being outside and peeing she comes in and pees on something ... her bed blankets the couch even a sock !!!! She knows its bad because she tries to hide it by folding the blankets over !!! N e idea why she may be doing this ?

  2. #2
    Dog Groomer babybully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Great Lakes, North Chicago
    Posts
    513
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    @AshleyandMolly Hey welcome to my world!! Mac is about a year and a half and has been peeing on any bed, blanking, pile of clothes he can get his paws on since we got him at 5 months and then curls up to sleep in it. He never gets a soft bed and the only time he gets a blankie is if he's on the couch by me, like right now for instance he's all curled up on top of a blanket cuz he know's it's a hard kennel tonight. LOL. He gets a diaper rash when he gets ahold of something and I don't realize it and rinse off his underbelly, too. I don't know why they do it though

  3. #3
    Newbie Shannon Cascioli's Avatar
    Posts
    19
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hercules and Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    Our male does this! He peed on their pillow 3 days in a row, after being in trouble for it and it having to be washed. He does it on blankets and pillows.

  4. #4
    Pooper scooper
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    booba
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    same problem here, terrible all stinks

  5. #5
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    They are marking, claiming these as their areas....

    Remove all bedding from crates and it can help, but still on occasion even one of my adults will mark some stuff for no apparent reason..... Otis just peed on my couch yesterday, only because I put a fresh clean blanket on it to cover it! Stinkers!

    Hopefully others will have some advice, even as adults sometimes they must claim what is theirs. It took a long time to break them of this. Molly used to pee on the rug by the front door-- and she did not NEED to go.... it was just the smallest amount of piddle..... finally I just took the rug up for many months and then when I put it back down, she never did it again. I think she was claiming our home, since everyone comes in from the front door. She never did it to the back door....

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  6. #6
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyandMolly View Post
    I adopted a 3 year old eb a month ago and for the last two weeks after being outside and peeing she comes in and pees on something ... her bed blankets the couch even a sock !!!! She knows its bad because she tries to hide it by folding the blankets over !!! N e idea why she may be doing this ?
    We have rescued many adult dogs. Every one of them went thru a stage where they retreated into puppy behavior. If there are no physical problems, that require a vet visit, understand this is her feeling at home. As they become more comfortable, they will pee, poo and chew! Even though they know better. This you must stop, because she needs to know YOU are the boss. Give her an intense review of puppy housebreaking. Outside every hour, after eating and playing. DO NOT let her on the furniture until this is under control. The best way to stop it, is put her on a leash while in the house..where you go, she goes. No roaming. She's a smart girl and will catch on immediately, but if allowed to, this can be a lifelong issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by babybully View Post
    @AshleyandMolly Hey welcome to my world!! Mac is about a year and a half and has been peeing on any bed, blanking, pile of clothes he can get his paws on since we got him at 5 months and then curls up to sleep in it. He never gets a soft bed and the only time he gets a blankie is if he's on the couch by me, like right now for instance he's all curled up on top of a blanket cuz he know's it's a hard kennel tonight. LOL. He gets a diaper rash when he gets ahold of something and I don't realize it and rinse off his underbelly, too. I don't know why they do it though
    Same here..no access to soft stuff until he stops this. No sofa..nothing. Sounds mean I know..but how awful to have a dog with a lifelong habit like this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Cascioli View Post
    Our male does this! He peed on their pillow 3 days in a row, after being in trouble for it and it having to be washed. He does it on blankets and pillows.
    Sadly, same here! If they are peeing on your stuff..they are disrespecting you. Back to basics..and no access to this stuff until he gets the picture.. He will!


    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    same problem here, terrible all stinks
    Be consistent..be in charge.

  7. #7
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default Re: peeing on everything soft

    Hey Ashley, and Molly…. Welcome to EBN, sounds like you got some really good advice up there……. Be the leader, and take charge, or be manipulated and taken advantage of.

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •