Gas!

Shahster

New member
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
224
Reaction score
1
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Hi everyone!

I started feeding Otis beef and turkey necks for the past 2 weeks and he's become so gassy and his breath is horrible! It smells like rotten meat. I thought going raw eliminating the smell.....what could be causing this?
 
No help .. .but as I recall sometimes when you introduce a new protein source in raw feeding it can give them gas til they get used to it.

But I wouldn't take my answer as gospel .... let's wait for the experts to come over and help!!!!
 
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)
 
Although raw food usually eliminates stinky farts, it doesn't eliminate it in ALL cases. Bullie is a perfect example. If you give her nothing but chicken for a while, she starts to get clear-the-room farts. I'm not quite sure why this is. Also, if she's on medication, she gets stinky farts. The bloody meat breath smell only happens right after they eat. I encourage them to drink water after eating (which they don't like doing ever since they got on raw) which usually eliminates the vampire breath. I also wipe their faces with wet ones after they eat.

But, I've been feeding raw for a while. It took Bullie more than a month on raw before she quit stinky gas. But then, I started off with chicken...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

📰 Latest posts

Back
Top