Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Home cooking gone wild!

  1. #1
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    874
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Home cooking gone wild!

    So, here is my cooking frenzy results today!!
    Beef/ vegetable/ egg/ brown rice meatballs and pumpkin/ banana/ yogurt " cookies". Puppy food never tasted so good!!!-image-jpg-image-jpg
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  2. #2
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Looks delicious good job!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  3. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    PAWSOME
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  4. #4
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,638
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Yum. Looks delicious , have you actually sampled them yourself? Lol. Maybe you don't have to cook separate meals, you can just share. Would save on cooking time. I like the idea of your pumpkin, banana, yogurt cookies, they sound really good and healthy, would you be willing to share your recipe? I am always on the lookout for healthy foods and snacks for my guys, so far I've only tried home cooking beef, frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, and brown rice. I would line to add some treats.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  5. #5
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    874
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Yum. Looks delicious , have you actually sampled them yourself? Lol. Maybe you don't have to cook separate meals, you can just share. Would save on cooking time. I like the idea of your pumpkin, banana, yogurt cookies, they sound really good and healthy, would you be willing to share your recipe? I am always on the lookout for healthy foods and snacks for my guys, so far I've only tried home cooking beef, frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, and brown rice. I would line to add some treats.
    I don't mind sharing recipie at all- if I had one! I shot from the hip, but I'll try my best to give you measurements:
    1 cup brown rice flour
    1 egg
    1/2 container of Greek plain yogurt
    2 Tbsp honey
    1/2 banana-mashed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    1 tsp cinnamon

    Mix all together. I coated a pizza tin with pam. Then I spread it out thin ( I moistened my hands with some spam) and got it as thin as possible. Bake at 400 about 15 minutes or until they look done. Then I shut the oven off and left Them in there hoping they would crisp up . They are a little soft, but he loves them
    ! Hope this works for you!!!
    I waited til they cooled and cut them up with a pizza cutter!
    Last edited by mer55; 02-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  6. #6
    Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldogs4me's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,928
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    good job, looks great! @mer55 I'm going to have to try making the cookies so what do you use to make your meatballs? I think my gang would LOVE those!!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

  7. #7
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Wow thats good enough I could eat it!

  8. #8
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    874
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    good job, looks great! @mer55 I'm going to have to try making the cookies so what do you use to make your meatballs? I think my gang would LOVE those!!!
    They were a cinch:
    1 lb lean ground beef( ground round)
    2 eggs
    1/2 package frozen mixed veggies that I thawed and put into a processor- chop til fine
    1/4 cup brown rice fflour
    fresh parsley ( about 1/4 cup ) chopped fine
    1 cup cooked brown rrice
    low sodium beef broth-enough to just make the mixture moist - maybe 1/8 ccup mix all together and make about 21 meatballs. Bake 400 about 20-25 minutes til done. Then I freeze them and pull them out as needed!

    I also cooked up a sweet potato that I was going to add to the mixture but I forgot it in the microwave! So, maybe next time. This will also work with ground turkey, lamb or chicken!
    VOILA!!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  9. #9
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Alice Kable's Avatar
    Location
    Joseph, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    4,424
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Yum! Bogart is a lucky dog!!!

  10. #10
    Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldogs4me's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,928
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    They were a cinch:
    1 lb lean ground beef( ground round)
    2 eggs
    1/2 package frozen mixed veggies that I thawed and put into a processor- chop til fine
    1/4 cup brown rice fflour
    fresh parsley ( about 1/4 cup ) chopped fine
    1 cup cooked brown rrice
    low sodium beef broth-enough to just make the mixture moist - maybe 1/8 ccup mix all together and make about 21 meatballs. Bake 400 about 20-25 minutes til done. Then I freeze them and pull them out as needed!

    I also cooked up a sweet potato that I was going to add to the mixture but I forgot it in the microwave! So, maybe next time. This will also work with ground turkey, lamb or chicken!
    VOILA!!!

    Awesome! Thank you for sharing both recipes with us I am definitely going to make them for the babies!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

  11. #11
    Rescue Volunteer Rural mystic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    1,603
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)
    6

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    Wow thats good enough I could eat it!
    me and you both

  12. #12
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Home cooking gone wild!

    I haven't had breakfast yet ............. and now I'm hungry!!!

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •