Hurricane Harvey

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
This weekend rain is supposed to stop. Thank God for that!!!
On another note.... theses dammm HOOLIGANS are out there stealing in people's homes, stores like...really?!?!? How low can anyone get! They better smile as alot are caught on camera.

Houston has changed the penalty for looting. It was 2-5 yrs, now it is 5 to life.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
All Houston Area folks please check in...
We're worried about you guys/gals/bullies

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
All Houston Area folks please check in...
We're worried about you guys/gals/bullies

Agree.. we are hoping for the best but we fear the worse. Still sending you prayers that all is well with you and your families. We have heard from a couple of you. Concerned that the Addicks and Barkers resovoirs/damns did not breech.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is cloudy by me but hasn't rained since 3pm yesterday. We only got word about an hour ago that we are safe from the reservoir and it won't be backing up to us so we dodged a big one there. As for looters... They haven't had much luck as hardly anyone in my area evacuated as all the roads out were flooded with a few that met their demise by picking the wrong house to loot and met wrong end of homeowners that were armed.

Btw.. Texas has some of the best law when it comes to crime during declared disasters. Probation and leniency are off the table with many crimes have a mandatory minimum of 25 to life off the bat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is cloudy by me but hasn't rained since 3pm yesterday. We only got word about an hour ago that we are safe from the reservoir and it won't be backing up to us so we dodged a big one there. As for looters... They haven't had much luck as hardly anyone in my area evacuated as all the roads out were flooded with a few that met their demise by picking the wrong house to loot and met wrong end of homeowners that were armed.

Btw.. Texas has some of the best law when it comes to crime during declared disasters. Probation and leniency are off the table with many crimes have a mandatory minimum of 25 to life off the bat.

So happy you are all safe and the rain has stopped!!!

Love Texas laws!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khaleesi Waa

Jun 26, 2017
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi "Kally"
Praying for all of those affected by Hurricane Harvey!!! Our hearts and prayers go out to you all! Please take care and be safe!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

You bet....send them to Huntsville!

Glad you dodged the big one.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We will see. There are a lot of bayous and creeks that flow in to it so it will continue to receive water for a few days to possibly a week before it starts to go down. Either way if we flood or not we will have flood insurance to be safe.

I heard on the news that 1 in 6 homeowners have flood insurance. Of course every state is different...here in Maryland...if you live in a flood plane...you are required to have flood insurance.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I heard on the news this morning that the chemical plant in Crosby Texas had an explosion. I do not know how severe but the authorities were worried about this because the company could not keep their product cooled and increased the volatility

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I heard on the news that 1 in 6 homeowners have flood insurance. Of course every state is different...here in Maryland...if you live in a flood plane...you are required to have flood insurance.
Only 15% of folks in the greater Houston area have it so roughly 700k out of a population of 6M. That isn't a lot and has actually gone down. Here it is only required of you live in the 100 year flood plane or near the coast but the cast majority of people being flooded live in the 500 year or no flood plane at all. We are not in any flood plane but aren't taking that chance any longer.
I heard on the news this morning that the chemical plant in Crosby Texas had an explosion. I do not know how severe but the authorities were worried about this because the company could not keep their product cooled and increased the volatility
Yes sir and there will probably be a bigger boom later today if not several. They have chemicals that need refrigeration and all of their backup powers systems have been destroyed and can't keep them cool any longer.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Harvey the depression is going to pay you a visit today and the Mid-Atlantic Friday-Saturday. In addition, parts of TN are under a Tornado Watch.

Unbelievable...Harvey a named storm for 117 hours.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@Manydogs and @ddnene Harvey the depression is going to pay you a visit today and the Mid-Atlantic Friday-Saturday. In addition, parts of TN are under a Tornado Watch.

Unbelievable...Harvey a named storm for 117 hours.

It started late yesterday afternoon for us... light rain, and then full heavy downpours all night long last night. 80% chance of rainfall throughout today, but only accumulations of over 1 inch of rainfall. Tomorrow it's supposed to be beautiful sunny and in the high 70s...

I'm headed to pick up my grandson for the weekend, we are waiting till this early afternoon because of the rainfall. We live on a huge hill, so even when the 100 year flood hit here we were good. Of course we always have the tornado's to worry about more than the flooding :facepalm2:

My heart is so heavy for everyone in the Houston area, the pictures I'm sure only tell a piece of the story. When we had that 100 year flood it was indescribable how much destruction water can do. I'm praying that you all stay safe, and please keep us posted on here how you are doing...

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It started late yesterday afternoon for us... light rain, and then full heavy downpours all night long last night. 80% chance of rainfall throughout today, but only accumulations of over 1 inch of rainfall. Tomorrow it's supposed to be beautiful sunny and in the high 70s...

I'm headed to pick up my grandson for the weekend, we are waiting till this early afternoon because of the rainfall. We live on a huge hill, so even when the 100 year flood hit here we were good. Of course we always have the tornado's to worry about more than the flooding :facepalm2:

My heart is so heavy for everyone in the Houston area, the pictures I'm sure only tell a piece of the story. When we had that 100 year flood it was indescribable how much destruction water can do. I'm praying that you all stay safe, and please keep us posted on here how you are doing...

Glad to hear you are OK. Our house is on a hill as well. We are suppose to get the rain tonight/tomorrow that is leftover from Harvey. Mowed the grass last night....going to enjoy College Gameday on TV tomorrow. Have a great...safe Labor Day Weekend. Give my regards to Walter Baby and Willow.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It has been the longest week of our lives! Thank God we are nearing the end. Of course it's not over damage wise but the end of this damn storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]... where are you?? I may have missed a post but haven't seen you for a couple of days????

Members online

No members online now.