United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Example of taking the breed bans too far

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    @Libra926 jeff and i are going on vac to san antonio for my birthday and taking lexter. i called a petsmart day camp in san antonio and i asked ?'s about there services and how much just for the day was.... and i told them he was a eb and wasnt neutered, the only thing the front desk said was that he wouldnt beable to interact in the day camp cause hes not fixed... ill have to call back and make sure, i wouldnt be happy getting there and having to find another place to watch him for the day...
    They didn't say anything about English...just American Bulldogs. I wonder if the personalities are that much different from an AB to an EB? any thoughts?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

ive never been around a ab but with everyone here talking about them and my hair dresser having one, i would never even consider a ab being agressive towards anyone... the only thing i can think of is they are taller and kinda resemble a pit in the face? when i call them to ask i will definately ask why they are baning "bullie breeds"...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    They didn't say anything about English...just American Bulldogs. I wonder if the personalities are that much different from an AB to an EB? any thoughts?
    I'm sure @bulldog family can answer this question, her handsome LeRoy is an American Bulldog.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

There is a BIG difference in the personality b/w the two: AB's and EB's. AB's are a very active dog, and require... I should say MUST have exercise. Due to (mostly the white ones) their color they should not be left outside because they sunburn and get wind burn, frost bite very easily. As in getting along with others, they have a tendency to have a dominant side to them and this is why LeRoy and Norman don't get long. Not all of them are like this... as with any breed. LeRoy tends to be very mouthy.

Maybe they are confusing with either the Olde English or the Renaissance bulldogs?!?
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog family View Post
    There is a BIG difference in the personality b/w the two: AB's and EB's. AB's are a very active dog, and require... I should say MUST have exercise. Due to (mostly the white ones) their color they should not be left outside because they sunburn and get wind burn, frost bite very easily. As in getting along with others, they have a tendency to have a dominant side to them and this is why LeRoy and Norman don't get long. Not all of them are like this... as with any breed. LeRoy tends to be very mouthy.

Maybe they are confusing with either the Olde English or the Renaissance bulldogs?!?
    I have heard the Olde English Bulldogs have similiar personalities to EB's.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thanks for the information didnt relieze they had more engery guess since their well.... not rolly polly like ebs lol.... but still most dogs have to go through screening right? if they pass then why cant they go help people...

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

From a daycare perspective ab and eb are completely different . The only thing i have noticed they have in common is their stubbornness. I love them both but ab's tend to be hyper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads