Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHey everyone, I got a phone call last night from my landlord, and she says they want their house back, and we have to move by the end of November. I moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago, and the owner said that we weren't going to have to move for at least 5 years, so I knew eventually we would have to move out one day. When we moved in here the weeds in the gardens were all the way up past the windows, we pulled that all out and edged everything and made the gardens beautiful. I even have two tomato plants and a little herb garden on the side of the house. The house is perfect, in a great neighbourhood, close to everything, and even has a salt water pool. We only pay $1350 a month, so very affordable, nice neighbours, but most important , my landlord allowed my two bully babies. After my phone call last night, I spent over 2 hours on the Internet looking for house or townhouse rentals in Mississauga, Oakville, and Burlington areas. The rents are all higher than what I'm already paying, or they're dumps, and NObody seems to want pets. I'm feeling nervous, bummed, and worried that I won't be able to find a place that will take two dogs, and I really hate the fact that I will be having to move in the winter. I was really hoping to have at least until next year, as I just left my job, and was planning on going back to school in the fall, so it's not the best time to move right now. Just feeling blue and wanted to ask for you to please pray for us, that we find a place in time, and one that will accept pets.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Monica, I'm so sorry... that really stinks. It looks like you really took care of the place... I know it's hard to find rentals that take dogs, it is here in the states too. I'm praying that you will find the perfect place SOON!!! :pray:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That does stink to say the least! Maybe cause you've made the place so beautiful they want it back...keeping thumps up that you find something even better.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That sucks. I hope you are able to find a place soon. Thoughts and prayers heading your way.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That does stink to say the least! Maybe cause you've made the place so beautiful they want it back...keeping thumps up that you find something even better.

Those were my first thoughts too!!!!!

Isnt' there anything in the lease contract that says how much notice they have to give you to move out??? I mean, that's only 3 1/2 months notice to find somewhere, pack and arrange to move. Doesn't seem very long to me on what was considered to be a 5 year lease!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: Monica... so sorry this is happening. I will keep you in my prayers and send lots of positive thoughts your way

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to be reading this. I know the last house we rented we had to pay $250 non refundable pet deposit. Plus our deposit, it really sucked since the whole house was tile, like what in the world could Vegas possibly do to damage the place??? .............He ate the baseboard in the dining room when he was a pup. LOL. .......... (we replaced it) Wishing you luck, and hopefully something better will come up.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Dang...I'm sorry Sweety. Try to think positive and I'm thinking something even better will come along. Like Kelly said, a lot of times, people who say No Pets ..can be swayed with a bigger deposit. And a letter from your current landlord will help too!

Last edited:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Although many places say " no pets" if you offer a pet deposit and talk your bullies up- " they are the BEST dogs "
" housebroken" " never chew anything", you might find a sympathetic landlord. That's what happened for us in Ct last spring- we needed a short term rental but everyone advertised " no pets". I took the offensive and OFFERED the pet deposit and ALOT do assurances of my owner responsibility and a " meet up " session with the owner BEFOre we signed the lease. I also offered for them to check in anytime ( with notice). That gave them the message we were really responsible and it worked like a charm. They fell in love with Bogey!! Good luck! I am sure you will find something! So sorry you have to go thru this!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Keeping you in my prayers .......has to be so disheartening.....please keep us posted on what happens !

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
That is super :poo: to hear!!!! The building we live in now is "no pets" but like one of the members said just talk up your babies and I'm sure you'll be fine!
Ps you could always come move down the Scarborough ways and Dozer, Blossom and Tubby can have lots of play dates
Tubby has his paws crossed for you that you guys are able to find a new home quickly that will be accepting of your babies

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I'm hoping and praying that I can find a place in time. I hate moving, so stressful, and to top it all off, I was talking to mom about it, and she just doesn't understand, she doesn't think dogs or any animals or pets belong in the house, she believes they should be outside. We were never allowed pets when we were growing up, she says to me well I guess you have to get rid of your dogs, why don't you just give them away to somebody. That just totally ripped out my heart, as my babies are a part of my family, and that would never be an option. Even the thought of it is stressing me out and I wanna cry.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I was thinking this too while reading your post Monica, you have done the hard work now they want it and it sucks. I will pray that you get a nice house within your budget and most of all they allow your babies🙏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I'm hoping and praying that I can find a place in time. I hate moving, so stressful, and to top it all off, I was talking to mom about it, and she just doesn't understand, she doesn't think dogs or any animals or pets belong in the house, she believes they should be outside. We were never allowed pets when we were growing up, she says to me well I guess you have to get rid of your dogs, why don't you just give them away to somebody. That just totally ripped out my heart, as my babies are a part of my family, and that would never be an option. Even the thought of it is stressing me out and I wanna cry.

Monica don't get too upset about that, your mum obviously does not understand how we get so attached to our babies there are a lot of people like that I have to admit I never used to understand how people got so attached until I got my pug dogs now I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Well..mother or not..that's stupid! I'm thinking if she lived outside for awhile, she might think differently. Don't listen to the negativity. Focus on the positive.

📰 Latest posts

Members online