Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Today’s Daily Telegraph UK

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default From Today’s Daily Telegraph UK

A sad day for English Bull Dog Lovers

The only way I could post this was the screenshots. I couldn’t get a link to work. Just click to enlarge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes 2BullyMama, ddnene liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: From Today’s Daily Telegraph UK

That link didn't work for me initially until I logged into a UK server through my VPN. Now it seems to be working. It said the Dutch kennel club banned from registration 12 flat faced breeds including French bulldogs, English bulldogs, pugs, Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Pekingese,Japanese chin, shih tzu, griffon Bruffellois, griffon Belge, petit brabancon, affenpinscher.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for breeders to produce healthier breeds that look roughly the same.

4. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    That link didn't work for me initially until I logged into a UK server through my VPN. Now it seems to be working. It said the Dutch kennel club banned from registration 12 flat faced breeds including French bulldogs, English bulldogs, pugs, Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Pekingese,Japanese chin, shih tzu, griffon Bruffellois, griffon Belge, petit brabancon, affenpinscher.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for breeders to produce healthier breeds that look roughly the same.
    We get a daily subscription to the Telegraph (English husband) so I can use the share button, but only to email or messenger or Facebook. How do you log into a UK server?

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Dollys Owner liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Not surprising, many vets in US are also pushing to stop the breeds of ‘flat face’ breeds
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes Dollys Owner, helsonwheels, ddnene liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG View Post
    We get a daily subscription to the Telegraph (English husband) so I can use the share button, but only to email or messenger or Facebook. How do you log into a UK server?

I got one of those lifetime VPN offers from Stacksocial for something like 25 US . The one I'm using is called Windscribe which when installed puts an icon on my web browser that I can click on and change which country I'm connecting to.

I think the KeepSolid VPN for 40.00 would be pretty reliable, and there's a 20% sale off on stacksocial this weekend with code SUMMERSAVE20 .KeepSolid has specific VPNs for Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney, etc. if you wanted to watch Netflix UK for example

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-un...e-subscription

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Not surprising, many vets in US are also pushing to stop the breeds of ‘flat face’ breeds
    They don't need to ban them, just push for healthier outbreeding to modify the flat face somewhat. eg. I was reading that Valley Bulldogs from Nova Scotia are an old half boxer half English bulldog cross breed that have inherited the best features of each. They don't look as cute as English bulldogs though.

-download-jpg

Or bantam bulldog, like @helsonwheels has

12. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    They don't need to ban them, just push for healthier outbreeding to modify the flat face somewhat. eg. I was reading that Valley Bulldogs from Nova Scotia are an old half boxer half English bulldog cross breed that have inherited the best features of each. They don't look as cute as English bulldogs though.

-download-jpg

Or bantam bulldog, like @helsonwheels has
    Agreed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Definitely Nyala has a lot less breathing issues than an EB. Nowhere near. Heads is much smaller with a tad longer nose n they do have a bulky chest. She’s on the taller side. Why she needs to lose a good 5 lbs. Sadly a lot never heard of that breed. They’ve been around since 1800. Hard to find but they’re out there. I doubt very much I’ll be getting another EB once Jake goes. I do agree the breeders needs to get back on track with EB. It’s ridiculous having a dog with so many issues. One issue brings another issue. From my experience with EB, I say it often, it’s also what you feed them. If you get them as a puppy, I wouldn’t even screw around with kibbles anymore. Go raw all the way. Really helps a lot especially for that breed. It is a challenging breed and why it’s not normal for any breeder keeping that nose as flat as they can, the bigger the rope the better, that massive crown n a massive wide chest. All that needs to change. Just not healthy n extremely costly for some owners. There’s a reason why there’s tons for adoption in the US. Here in Canada we don’t have any for adoption. Idk if people here are more aware or it’s simply not a fashionable breed here. I really don’t know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesPXY6PFTA

16. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels , What made you get bantam instead of Valley, Olde English Bulldogge, etc

Cute video of Valley bulldog (bull-boxer) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22BYbBs394

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Interesting and complex issue. I wonder how efficient such a stop of registrations will be, though, since not all owners care whether their pup is registered or not. I guess there is a risk of creating an increasing market for bad breeding practices.
    @RiiSi - how do you look on this?

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

19. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Dollys Owner;770703]@helsonwheels , What made you get bantam instead of Valley, Olde English Bulldogge, etc

Cute video of Valley bulldog (bull-boxer) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S22BYbBs394[/QUOTE

Nyala was at someone’s private house in Edmonton n not at the breeder’s who’s 1hr further north. It was an ad from the breeder who knew someone in Edmonton. I drove down to go see this 3 month brindle pup. I walked in she was playing with a massive 80lb brindle EB. I figure that’s dad. Anyway, it took 3 visits as I wasn’t 100% sure. Nyala didn’t look like an EB even though that lady said it was. I’ve read back then like we say here “they change” as they grow. So I brought Nyala home on the 3rd time visiting her. According to this lady, no one seem to one want her as she was over 3 months, didn’t look like an EB, dark brindle, smaller head n longer legs. Each time I visit her she n that big EB male were running around like brats.... free for all type, Nyala jumping on the big guy, grabbing his ears, he jumped on her which I freaked out at that weight he was. Like 2 Denis the Menace. But did she ever stood her ground with him. So I brought her home... Few days later I get a phone call from the breeder who is the one I got Duke n Jake from. She said there was an error made by that lady who didn’t know Nyala was a bantam n not an EB. She wanted to take Nyala back n refund me. There was 2 Frenchie n one EB at the lady’s house but sold n one on standby. It was the standby that was the for sale puppy. Lady was confused from what the breeder said. After that issue, the breeder never left her pups there anymore. It was one of them friend of a friend thing. She doesn’t allow anyone visit her acreage as she got broken into once and the took back then her only blue Frenchie female which one had anywhere. Took years to have one. Now if someone wants a pup she brings them to her vet. Except for me. My breeder great friend is also a breeder who has cancer n my breeder was helping her out while she was going through chemo. That’s were the confusion was n I ended up keeping Nyala. The friend doesn’t breed bantams anymore as people have no clue what they are n harder to sell. Too bad as it’s a fantastic breed n again nowhere near issues like the EB... So that’s my baby brat’s story..

21. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

@helsonwheels Nice story how you got Nyala !!!

23. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads