Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potty Training a Bulldog

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Potty Training a Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    You know we were pretty lucky with Wilson, he potty trained easy. He still has mishaps in his xpen while we're at work but that's only because he can't hold his little bladder that long. We were very diligent on getting him outside about every 15/30 minutes. It was exhausting at times but it worked. He also got LOTS of praises when he completed his job. Now he helps himself out the doggie door by himself to go.

Wilson's also a two-time pooper. He drops a little and then carrys on and drops his bigger .

EDIT: He's also crated at nighttime and we got up about 3 times each night. Now he can almost go every night without having to go .
    Biggie is a two plop dropper too. It's funny how they have that in common! lol.

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    You know we were pretty lucky with Wilson, he potty trained easy. He still has mishaps in his xpen while we're at work but that's only because he can't hold his little bladder that long. We were very diligent on getting him outside about every 15/30 minutes. It was exhausting at times but it worked. He also got LOTS of praises when he completed his job. Now he helps himself out the doggie door by himself to go.

Wilson's also a two-time pooper. He drops a little and then carrys on and drops his bigger .

EDIT: He's also crated at nighttime and we got up about 3 times each night. Now he can almost go every night without having to go .
    THANKS so much for the info! Now if I can just convince hubby to put him in his crate. He thinks its MEAN, lol... We do however keep him confined to "his" room when unsupervized ;0)

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    Biggie is a two plop dropper too. It's funny how they have that in common! lol.
    LOL, Memphis does the same thing... Good to know that he isnt alone ;0)

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: Potty Training a Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah Bardwell View Post
    THANKS so much for the info! Now if I can just convince hubby to put him in his crate. He thinks its MEAN, lol... We do however keep him confined to "his" room when unsupervized ;0)
    Up until a year ago I too didn't like the idea of crate training. But it was necessary with Wilson and you know, he loves it. It's his own little piece of heaven.

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

As was mentioned, crate training is a personal preference. I do not find it cruel at all. When done correctly it is so beneficial for the dog.
    Bruno loves his crate. He looks for it when he just wants to nap, have some alone time and is ready for bed. The key to it, is to have the puppy enjoy his crate time. It should never be used as punishment or for long hours during the day.
    Bruno is never in his crate for longer than 5 hours during the day if no one is home. If we need to be gone all day for whatever reason I personally leave him in my screened/fenced in porch with plenty of water food and toys
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @jortiz9758..I have to tell you..Bruno is a beautiful dog!..sorry @Bekah Bardwell for going off subject.

Thank You!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so I have been putting Memphis in his crate n more times than not he pees all over hisself which requires a bath n i take him out every two hrs. since i saty home. Soooo could it be because hes only 12 weeks? Just dont like bathing him so much for fear of him develping dry skin... HELP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads