Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

  1. #1
    Kennel Cleaner nachothebulldog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    Hi everyone!

    Recently over the last week or two Iíve noticed that nacho my EB has been leaving food in his bowl. Prior to this, he was always eager to eat and wouldnít leave a single kibble behind.

    He started off by leaving about 10 kibbles behind sometimes he would leave around 5, and recently heís leaving about HALF OF HIS FOOD IN THE BOWL!

    Heís 2 years old, he eats taste of the wild, about 1 cup per meal, twice a day. I leave his food in the morning, and head out to work. He used to be eager to get his food, drool over it and now itís like he lost interest.

    Heís still very VERY energetic, heís fun, heís friendly, heís still the same character overall, itís just this food thing thatís changing.

    Is there something that might be happening? Might he be over the food? Is he just not rushed?

    If you guys have any foods you would recommend that would be great!

    Thank you so much for your help!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,171
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11116

    Default Re: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    An be bored of it. Try changing flavours. Btw, have some been feeding human food to him? Piece of toast or bacon etc...recently I been through this with Nyala And she eats raw. I took it away from her. She has a hard head n did almost 2 days without eating. Well guess my head was harder. She eventually ate. When mine were on kibbles I would rotate every bag once done. Just a thought.

  3. #3
    Kennel Cleaner nachothebulldog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    76
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nacho
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Re: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    An be bored of it. Try changing flavours. Btw, have some been feeding human food to him? Piece of toast or bacon etc...recently I been through this with Nyala And she eats raw. I took it away from her. She has a hard head n did almost 2 days without eating. Well guess my head was harder. She eventually ate. When mine were on kibbles I would rotate every bag once done. Just a thought.
    Any bags/ brands that you would recommend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    13,632
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    7024

    Default Re: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    My pups leave food in the bowl, especially in the hot summer months. You could try to switch up his food for a change... we recommend Fromm's, Acana, Origen or Eathrborne Holistic. Remember a gradual change to avoid any stomach issues, 1/4 cup at a time mixed w/his old food.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #5
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,171
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11116

    Default Re: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by nachothebulldog View Post
    Any bags/ brands that you would recommend?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In kibbles im an acana fan as it has more % in meat protein, less in legume protein plus it has tripe. Go one protein per bag. Once bag is finished get another protein. Rotate. As @ddnene mentioned there’s those other brands and yes transition is important.

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    44,374
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    15587

    Default Re: Nacho is leaving a lot of food in his bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by nachothebulldog View Post
    Hi everyone!

    Recently over the last week or two Iíve noticed that nacho my EB has been leaving food in his bowl. Prior to this, he was always eager to eat and wouldnít leave a single kibble behind.

    He started off by leaving about 10 kibbles behind sometimes he would leave around 5, and recently heís leaving about HALF OF HIS FOOD IN THE BOWL!

    Heís 2 years old, he eats taste of the wild, about 1 cup per meal, twice a day. I leave his food in the morning, and head out to work. He used to be eager to get his food, drool over it and now itís like he lost interest.

    Heís still very VERY energetic, heís fun, heís friendly, heís still the same character overall, itís just this food thing thatís changing.

    Is there something that might be happening? Might he be over the food? Is he just not rushed?

    If you guys have any foods you would recommend that would be great!

    Thank you so much for your help!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What and how much are you feeding? How many times a day?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •