Does he look healthy to you?

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on Nachos weight and appearance. I know typically bulldogs are known to be hefty and fat lol. Can you guys give me your opinion on how he looks?:)

He is 7 1/2 months old and he weighs about 34 lbs.

He currently eats about 1 and 1/2 cup of Merricks kibble with 1 and 1/2 cup of veggies such as green beans, carrots broccoli, etc... Sometimes we also add chicken to his meal. In total he eats about 3 cups of food daily.

Any feedback would be great, also suggestions[emoji4] thank you!!
72f9a11b98b410e5a41969d8bb87b9c1.jpg
IMG_3751.JPGIMG_3752.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juju07

New Bullie Mommy
Dec 18, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hi!

May I ask how old is Nacho? Brisket also currently eats 1 1/2 cups of Merrrick puppy kibble and he's 3 1/2 months weighing around 18-20lbs. We're about to start adding to his food though.

Just thought it'll be good to know how old Nacho is, so we can have a better idea :)

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hi!

May I ask how old is Nacho? Brisket also currently eats 1 1/2 cups of Merrrick puppy kibble and he's 3 1/2 months weighing around 18-20lbs. We're about to start adding to his food though.

Just thought it'll be good to know how old Nacho is, so we can have a better idea :)

Nacho is 7 1/2 months. :)

I'm guessing you're giving him about 1/2 cup per meal? Do u add anything to his kibble?

OP
nachothebulldog

nachothebulldog

Jul 26, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nacho
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on Nachos weight and appearance. I know typically bulldogs are known to be hefty and fat lol. Can you guys give me your opinion on how he looks?:) He's 7 & 1/2 months old. And he weighs about 34 lbs

He currently eats about 1 and 1/2 cup of Merricks kibble with 1 and 1/2 cup of veggies such as green beans, carrots broccoli, etc... Sometimes we also add chicken to his meal. In total he eats about 3 cups of food daily.

Any feedback would be great, also suggestions:) thank you!!
72f9a11b98b410e5a41969d8bb87b9c1.jpg
View attachment 110737View attachment 110738

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’m definitely not an expert and I might just be used to Louie, but Nacho looks a little thin to me. But let other people weigh in.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I’m definitely not an expert and I might just be used to Louie, but Nacho looks a little thin to me. But let other people weigh in.

I agree, definitely compared to my big boy he is trim.

What does your Vet say?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is good... the go through a lanky/Boxer looking phase.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nothing is wrong with him. Looks great! Btw, the veggies you give him, are they raw, semi cook or cooked?
Never cook veggies always semi or raw for full vitamins.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks great, a lean bulldog is a healthy bulldog. They should have a little waist and you should not see his ribs, nor easily feel them, but should be able to feel them with moderate pressure.

juju07

New Bullie Mommy
Dec 18, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Nacho is 7 1/2 months. :)

I'm guessing you're giving him about 1/2 cup per meal? Do u add anything to his kibble?

Oh, then I think he looks fine. I’m no expert but some do go through this phase.

And yes, we give him 1/2 cup per meal. 1st and 3rd meal is given with yogurt. 2nd meal is given with occasional eggs or bananas, or vegetables(one kind at a time since he is still young and we’re watching out for allergies). ☺️

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree he looks good, a leaner dog is healthier. David has given you great advice. I'm not sure if 1/2 a cup twice a day is enough food. We give our guys 1 cup twice a day, plus toppers. They get 1 Tbsp. Of plain yogurt in the morning plus a fruit like 1/2 a banana each, or strawberries or blueberries, they get veggies on their evening kibble, usually whatever we are having for dinner, like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or green beans, and I also add kelp powder and coconut oil, and they get apple cider vinegar in their water everyday. My two guys are almost 6 years old, and they weigh 43 and 45 lbs.

Blossom and Bulldozer

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 140

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
He Looks Great!! As the others have mentioned, they go through stages, My Ellie has always been on the leaner side, Still get people asking me if she is puppy!! She is just over 2yrs old, and just broke 42lbs. She is lean mean bulldog machine :)

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
He looks great to me! He looks like my Bella!
Hubby wants a fat Bulldog but I keep saying she is perfectly good the way she is!
She has pretty much always been on the leaner side. She is 14 months old and weighs 54 lbs. She was 41 lbs at 7 months.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Ollie is 7 months old and he weighs 43.5 lbs. He eats Zignature kibble 2X daily 1.5 cups each feeding.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He looks perfect to me.

Members online