Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46

Thread: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

  1. #25
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,623
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    7715

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    AKC names a Bulldog a Bulldog. AKC standards are the pinnacle in North America, IMO.

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #26
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    yep,,,, betcha he fills out bunches... 7 months is a real funny age... I'm just now noticing how wide my Hanks getting!!! he's 17 months.. and quite studly I might add (of course I think that,,,,, he's mine Your's has lots of changes to get through... Just enjoy because he's going to be what he's going to be and so just make sure he's eating good, and loveHimUp...

  4. #27
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanemcooper View Post
    It'll be 7 months on the 14th of July. On the AKC papers it just says Bulldog as the breed. I have pictures of both the mother and father and the look like English Bulldogs. I only paid 700 for the little guy...and everything seems legit on the papers. I was concerned about the size of his head and how tall he is. So he might fill out more as he gets older?
    Now you got your answer. I went with according what ckc lady said but wasnt 100% sure for akc's papers. Rather have experts like bullmama n oscarmayer answer you how your paperwork...works. boils down you have a great looking puppy!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #28
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,433
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    3069

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    AKC paperwork just like CKC or any club, has to state on it what breed it is n NOT just bulldog or that paperwork is hiding something. Bulldog can be any type of dog that has some bully in them. Pitbull, boxer, Bantam, OEB, EB etc etc. My brindle Nyala is a Bantam Bulldog. Longer legs comparing to EB n a tad longer nose. So "bulldog" is a big word. I would definitely talk to the breeder.
    This is erroneous. See below. Do you have your Bantam Bull Dog's papers for reference ?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #29
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,489
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)
    3276

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Just my 2 cents worth but in the Westminster Dog Show, don't they just announce them as 'Bulldog' in the Non Sporting Group, not English Bulldog? So just having them as Bulldog on the papers makes sense to me.

    ETA. Just looked at Crufts and they just refer to them as Bulldog too.

    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

  8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  9. #30
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    This is erroneous. See below. Do you have your Bantam Bull Dog's papers for reference ?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No bantam are "not" recognized. Here, you'll go...ahhhhhhh ok lol

    http://pets.thenest.com/english-bant...ldog-6112.html
    http://www.ucadogs.com/Breed_Info_En..._Bulldogge.htm

  10. #31
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,433
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    3069

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    My son has, what is known in States, as an American Bull Dog. It cannot be registered with the AKC. The breed has its own club with registration.

    When I got my first Shar Pei back in 1980, the breed was not yet recognized by the AKC. There was the Shar Pei Club of America for registration purposes. It took ten generations of careful, documented breeding, culling of pups with undesirable characteristics etc and impeccable breed standard characteristics before the breed was finally recognized and could be shown and registered. This did not happen until 1991. Only my last two Shar Peis were AKC registered.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. Likes helsonwheels, oscarmayer liked this post
  12. #32
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,433
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    3069

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth but in the Westminster Dog Show, don't they just announce them as 'Bulldog' in the Non Sporting Group, not English Bulldog? So just having them as Bulldog on the papers makes sense to me.

    ETA. Just looked at Crufts and they just refer to them as Bulldog too.
    I agree. I don't have time today for full due diligence research, but I know Frenchies are registered as French Bull Dog. I'm guessing that EBD was the first Bull dog breed registered and was thus just named as Bulldog.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
  14. #33
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    4,022
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)
    6507

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    He is adorable! I thought the same about my Bella. Still not sure (but very sure I wouldn't trade her for the world!)
    She is such a character who makes us laugh just about all day.
    She looks leggy to me. She was 7 months on June 22 (so just about your pups age) she is 41 lbs but doesn't look it. She is solid. Very very athletic, boy can she run and jump! She jumps over the back of my couch to the front with out even trying when she has the zoomies! Lol
    Breeder said she is an English Bulldog. Her dad kinda looks like and Old English (some say) her mom looks like and English Bulldog. I only saw pictures of them.
    Dad
    -img_4982-jpg
    Mom
    -img_8703-jpg
    Miss Bella!
    -img_6537-jpg
    We love her to death for sure and she is spoiled rotten too!

  15. Likes Texas Carol, DAmbra liked this post
  16. #34
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    My son has, what is known in States, as an American Bull Dog. It cannot be registered with the AKC. The breed has its own club with registration.

    When I got my first Shar Pei back in 1980, the breed was not yet recognized by the AKC. There was the Shar Pei Club of America for registration purposes. It took ten generations of careful, documented breeding, culling of pups with undesirable characteristics etc and impeccable breed standard characteristics before the breed was finally recognized and could be shown and registered. This did not happen until 1991. Only my last two Shar Peis were AKC registered. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sad when you have to have one breed club on it's own. Like Duke, took 10 generation of his kind and yet not recognized or Nyala since 1800. All breeds should be accepted if you have 10 generations or more in any club. Im not one that bothers with paoers. I believe if you want to show your dog or breed it's a different story. Aside from that you dont need papers. That's my 2 cents.

  17. #35
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,623
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    7715

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    I agree. I don't have time today for full due diligence research, but I know Frenchies are registered as French Bull Dog. I'm guessing that EBD was the first Bull dog breed registered and was thus just named as Bulldog.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's always been my understanding that owners of the AKC registered Bulldog wanted very much to distance themselves from the American Bulldog and kind of adopted the English Bulldog nomenclature. Just because it's "my understanding" does not mean that it is so. As far as the AKC is concerned there is only one Bulldog and it is not to be confused with the French Bulldog.
    So which name came first,
    Bulldog or English Bulldog?
    I'm eager to learn...get busy people!

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  18. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  19. #36
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: Is this a English bulldog or a Olde English bulldog?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    He is adorable! I thought the same about my Bella. Still not sure (but very sure I wouldn't trade her for the world!)
    She is such a character who makes us laugh just about all day.
    She looks leggy to me. She was 7 months on June 22 (so just about your pups age) she is 41 lbs but doesn't look it. She is solid. Very very athletic, boy can she run and jump! She jumps over the back of my couch to the front with out even trying when she has the zoomies! Lol
    Breeder said she is an English Bulldog. Her dad kinda looks like and Old English (some say) her mom looks like and English Bulldog. I only saw pictures of them.
    Dad
    -img_4982-jpg
    Mom
    -img_8703-jpg
    Miss Bella!
    -img_6537-jpg
    We love her to death for sure and she is spoiled rotten too!
    Your Bella looks very much like an OEB. Got to admit, you have one beautiful puppy ive seen so far. Her face, her colours, her eyes and she's very on the go from your photos n more. Keep doing what you're doing. Doesn't matter what other's says. She's a beautiful Bella!

  20. Likes Hceril liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •