Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Doggie door is gong to slow down the learning not to pee in the house. This I can promise you.
Friends of ours that foster our dogs had Drake...who would use the doggie door. He was pretty good most of the time but when it was raining hard he'd go through half way, see that it was raining, and stop. Then he would squat and pee...a puddle inside. He was outside as far as he was concerned. This, even after 8 years of doggie door familiarity.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just a thought- try adding some green tripe? It's got a lot of natural enzymes,which may help with the poop eating, although you are getting that also from the herbsmith probiotic blend.

She eats: 1-1.25 cups of Fromm puppy food, 1/2 can green beens, herbsmith probiotics, missing link, coconut oil.
Don't know what she may be missing.

Open to suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ugggg, sorry that you and Pebbles are going through this. Question, have you ever considered getting rid of the doggie door and going way back to basics BUT using a leash?

BANG ON girl!!!!

[MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] dogs eating poop can fall into different categories. It's to pin point the right one. Like a needle in a haystack. Example, maybe hes in the kennel too long, maybe he doesn't want to be alone, like Dolly said, enzymes issues, maybe he's missing vitamin B n I can go on.....if you're going on vacation, can you bring him elsewhere than staying in the house? Like someone else house or a kennel etc? Like break his routine. Just a thought. Oh btw, where he pees, wash with PURE vinegar! Get into them cracks or joints if its cement or sealed.

16 Reasons Dogs Eat Poop and What To Do About It - Dogs Naturally Magazine

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Good idea but not feasable. I have 2 other dogs which one has no eyes (glaucoma). We will just have to figure out how to train with dog door.

No accidents today[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Well MUST she use doggie door? Any way that you can try what worked for my friend? Can you take her out on leash when she goes to doggie door then keep her close when you come back in??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She eats: 1-1.25 cups of Fromm puppy food, 1/2 can green beens, herbsmith probiotics, missing link, coconut oil.
Don't know what she may be missing.

Open to suggestions

Cut back on her food a bit... drop to 1 cup twice a day see if it stops the poo eating.. it may be too much food for her system and she smells the 'food' in the poo.

Pee.. clean area with straight vinegar as someone mentioned. Also, it could take much longer due to the door... as inconvenient as it may be... to get her scheduled you have to ditch the door for her till she is trained.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Going to have train with dog door. Every other dog learned it. I have 2 other dogs, one blind, one 15yrs old. Can't block it off or I'll have 3 dogs going in the house.

Unfortunately we have to keep the dog door.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
This is just one woman's opinion so take it for what it's worth...I absolutely do not believe that dogs possess emotions like "spite", "mad", "hate", "getting even" etc... only humans stoop that low. Dogs aren't that petty. Maybe because you are giving her treats every time she pees outside, she is peeing inside to get more treats i.e. More peeing equals more treats... just a thought.

"My dog doesn't worry about the meaning of life. She may worry if she doesn't get her breakfast, but she doesn't sit around worrying about whether she will get fulfilled or liberated or enlightened. As long as she gets some food and a little affection, her life is fine." Joko Beck

My wife give treats. I mainly use praise.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Think I will board her when I go.

I'll try the straight vinegar

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Probably best to board her, otherwise like leaving a rowdy toddler home alone, lol. Regards the doggy door, I'm thinking maybe the others meant not to completely take it away, but to take just Pebbles out into the same area on a leash so you can watch her pee. Sometimes when they're as young as she is, they think it's play time when they go out unfettered. Just a thought.
Have a great relaxing vacation :happydance:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yep,, agreed! And you could still tether her to you (as 3sisters sue mentioned) so as to know what she's up too,. I iknow that's what I would do ;) and I also agree with boarding her ... My family loves my Hank but if I ever had to go somewhere w/0 him, I don't think he's ready to be totally welcome without ... wearing out his welcome.
Probably best to board her, otherwise like leaving a rowdy toddler home alone, lol. Regards the doggy door, I'm thinking maybe the others meant not to completely take it away, but to take just Pebbles out into the same area on a leash so you can watch her pee. Sometimes when they're as young as she is, they think it's play time when they go out unfettered. Just a thought.
Have a great relaxing vacation :happydance:

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
7 days NO PEE in the house!!! WoooHoooo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
7 days NO PEE in the house!!! WoooHoooo

AWESOME! Paws crossed it continues!

Members online

No members online now.