CaniSource Grand Cru Dehydrated Raw.

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi everyone!

We have just started transitioning diesel over to CaniSource Grand Cru dehydrated raw food. We are starting with the grain free fish formula, and plan to rotate between that and the red meat formula. We decided with dehydrated because its got the convenience of kibble, is cost effective, and has the benefits of raw. It came highly recommended from our pet health food store!
Just wondering if anyone else feeds this and what you think?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Looks ok-This brand only has 27% protein which is lower than that of some of the other Canadian dehydrated brands, eg. Smack at 48% and and Amore at 47%, but similar to Honest Kitchen at 29%. First few ingredients are:Fresh pork & beef, white rice, whole barley, rolled oats so it seems a bit heavy in carbohydrates. Worth a try, and you can always try a lower carb raw dehydrated if your dog doesn't do well.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I love love loved canisource when I lived in Toronto, but I can't get it here in Boston so we had to switch. That variety wasn't available in 2014 when we left, but they are a beloved company.

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
That is so good to hear! I can't find much reviews online - besides their own website. Did you rehydrate the food?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
no I don't think it was exactly freeze dried to rehydrate formula. It was in irregulat kibble form and Lola loved it. we called them snackies and fed them to her on the couch. (She's a stinker, not food motivated, and sometimes requires handfeeding)

that being said, we now incorporate orijen and primal freeze dried and we do rehydrate those.

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Awesome! The box says it can be rehydrated but isn't necessary!

Members online

No members online now.