Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attacked at Dog Park

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Attacked at Dog Park

I am happy to hear that Daisy is getting better. I love taking Leo to the dog park because he is so friendly to everyone and every dog. I wish there was a bullie meet up in my area. he has been bitten a few times for being in your face to other dogs, but he is not threatening in any way. Before I enter the dog park, I like to look at the dogs inside. If I see any unsupervised dogs I do not take him in, or any dogs that are not playing appropriately as these are off leash parks. I do not want Leo to be scarred by a bad incident and become scared or aggressive from a bad exp. with another dog.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

There's no other way for us city folk to socialize our dogs. We live in apartment buildings without backyards. We don't have pretty wooded walking paths where we can take our babies off leash.
    We have concrete dog parks. We go there so our pups can run around freely and socialize with other dogs. Most of the time, nothing happens. But like everywhere else, there's always going to be that one person/dog that's outta control and ruin
    it for someone else.

Blue's been attacked twice. Lucky for us it wasn't anything serious. Once was a Boston Terrier because he didn't like Blue going after his ball. The other time it was a Wheaten Terrier who bit him over the eye. The Wheaten incident wasn't at a dog park. It happened in the Florida Keys, at a pet friendly hotel where it's encouraged to bring your dog.

There was also another incident when Blue was a pup also over a ball. But the owner was a moron that actually said "he's not aggressive unless there's a toy involved". Well then genius, why would you play ball when other dogs are around??!! Perfect stupidity on the owners part.

My point is, that it can happen anywhere, and with any breed. But there's no way I'd stop going to the parks. Blue has fun, he gets to exercise, and be social. As for me, I've met some wonderful people.
    @IPickedADaisy Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying take Daisy back to this particular park. But I'm a firm believer in socializing your dog just so things like this don't happen. Maybe you can find a playgroup or meet up in your area when she's feeling better?

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

I second the post above. like her i am a very firm believer of socializing your dog, no matter what the breed is, no matter what size your dog maybe! And one should know your breed. Pitts need intensive mental and physical stimulation. like our EBs they're not for everyone. I also believe in responsible dog ownership. i judge and curse the ones who aren't. Exercise-Discipline-Affection. Its not so hard to remember and yet alot of people still don't get it. Oh and one way to get a Pitt off your dog is press both hands or an arm to its neck, the dog will need to breathe and it will let go. no amount of beating will make it loosen its grip due to it locking its jaw.

I really am so sorry this happened to sweet Daisy. I hope this experience doesn't traumatize either of you. My boy was bitten by an older huge dog at 3 mos. old, i ofcourse was furious. This happened just infront of our apartment building. The dog's owner just up and left without even a sorry. Next time we met i was so enraged i screamed at her with all my broken german and glory. I didn't see them again. That Pitt's owner should be accounted for what happened. but that's just me.

And remember just because a dog is wagging it's tail doesn't mean it's friendly.

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you to everyone for the kind, thoughtful sentiments & wonderful suggestions. Daisy is feeling much better so that is easing my anxiety somewhat. Hearing other's stories helps too. Hopefully we are both able to at least socialize with other bulldogs and known friendly dogs. We're going to take it slow. Thank you all again!
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@agentbunny works on any dog.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IPickedADaisy View Post
    Thank you to everyone for the kind, thoughtful sentiments & wonderful suggestions. Daisy is feeling much better so that is easing my anxiety somewhat. Hearing other's stories helps too. Hopefully we are both able to at least socialize with other bulldogs and known friendly dogs. We're going to take it slow. Thank you all again!

How is Ms Daisy doing?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Jesus .... Just saw this.
    I know what your going through. I hope all is ok and well.
    👍

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Dexter was attacked by a pit bull once. He had played with this put since he was a baby and never any issues. Dexter is also submissive to my 3 pound chihuahua so he's definitely not aggressive. Well we had just moved into a tiny rent house and there was a small hallway that was half taken up by a mattress. Well the pit was spending that weekend at our house (roommate dog sitting) and we were all going down the same hallway and I turned around to go back down the hallway- so dexter, the pit and I were in a very confined space. I think it just got overwhelming and he jumped on Dexter. I screamed and dove right in the middle of it. Dexter had 2 puncture marks on his head but neither one was I'll toward each other anymore after that. I completely understand diving in because I KNOW that's the opposite of what any sane person would do but it was my first reaction.

I would try and see if the owner is there to at least talk to them - and make them pay the vet bills. The incident does need to be reported if possible.

Prayers and hugs for you and Daisy!!!

Real Name
    Angie D'Accursio
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Santino
    Likes (Received)

WOW, that is a horrific story but I'm so thankful that your baby is recovering. Many hugs and kisses to you both!

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

@IPickedADaisy God, just read this, horrifying, it is so scary to go through. So glad Daisy and you are o.k. I am sure Daisy will be fine after she meets some friendly dogs agiain, it has happened a couple of times in my life with other dogs and they were still their friendly selves after it.

Bazza has been attacked once when the kids accidently let him out the front, at the same time a guy was walking his two dogs and one attacked got his leg a couple small puncture marks, but Bazza is still his happy and loves meeting other dogs.

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    How is Ms Daisy doing?
    She's doing much better! We haven't been out anywhere because I can't put a collar on her yet. Thanks for asking.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

OMG how scary for you and Daisy!! I think you handled it much better than I would have!! I never take my dogs to the dog park for fear of something like that happening. Im glad she is going to be ok!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads