Thread: Neuter now or wait

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neuter now or wait

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    I don't disagree. I was only commenting on the "head" myth.
    Further down in my post I say that I believe testosterone is necessary for healthy joints and muscles.
    In fact, I started a thread on your first link a week or so ago..lol..
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...s-the-question
    I know.. i just like to quote people so at least one person reads what i write

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    I know.. i just like to quote people so at least one person reads what i write
    Lol.. but maybe you should quote someone that disagrees? Just a thought.. lol

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastian
    Likes (Received)

Wow amazing info here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

I think I will wait. I wanted to get him micro chipped at the same time because they said it can hurt. I want to chip him asap

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by satch1151 View Post
    Ya I really did not want to bring up a fight lol I was just wondering. And that is the reason why I want to so he does hump legs and stuff. Thanks for all the input and your dog Vegas looks awesome.

Just so you know....... getting your boy neuterd does NOT mean he won't hump!! Again Vegas was neutered young and was and still can be a humper, not so much now, but man oh man was he bad from age 1-3!! Everyone that entered our house got the "welcome hump" we had a Christmas Eve party and I kept him on a leash when he was 2 do to the fact that he humped so bad. Now at age almost 5, he rarely does, but he still does occasionally!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

i've been singing 'neuter it, just a little bit' in my head to myself ALL DAY because of this post!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Well I have already stated my position on this topic but allow me to provide these links which I saved some time ago.
    They may overlap a previous post that supplied some links on research that supports leaving dogs intact.
    One of the links seeks to answer the question on why dogs in Europe are longer lived and healthier in genera than dogs in the States and the factor of neutering and excess vaccinations.

https://www.facebook.com/TedKerasote
    Scroll down to June 26 post from Ted Kerasote
    Also Ted Kerasote in an interview discusses why European dogs live longer than dogs in the states and one of the reasons is related to neutering. Link below
    http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/09/06/one-two-possible-reasons-dogs-live-longer-in-europe.aspx
    Other links related to this issue.
    http://naturaldogtraining.com/blog/the-debate-over-neutering/
    http://www.caninesports.com/apps/search?q=neutering
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hal-herzog/the-ethics-of-neutering_b_2790315.html
    http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/7_9/features/Spaying-and-Neuturing_15649-1.html
    http://news.ucdavis.edu/search/news_detail.lasso?id=10498
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0055937
    http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/16_2/features/risks-benefits-spay-neuter-your-dog_20685-1.html?zkPrintable=true

Real Name
    Scott
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Joseph AKA JOE
    Likes (Received)

Geez! - From the day I first brought Sir Joseph to the vet and every visit since...Are you planning on neutering him? When are you going to neuter him? Are you going to get him neutered? We recommend he be neutered when he gets chipped. Are you going to get him chipped? By the way...are you planning on neutering him? Ay Caramba! AND then when you tell them you're not sure, that you might breed him at some point in the future but haven't decided yet they look at you like you're some sort of terrorist or something. haha! The folks at the vet are definitely PRO spay and neuter. We even have special license plates in Nevada that promote it. It's not just the vet that feels inclined to inquire either...Crazy

All that being said...JOE is my first EB so I am still learning about the breed and waiting to see if JOE has any genetic/health issues or anything else going on that might make it a bad idea to breed him. However, he is the coolest dog I've ever had and a handsome fellow too so if everything is OK then breeding him is not out of the question as I would like another puppy at some point in the future. For now, JOE will remain intact and he is glad to hear it. haha!

-joe-heater-vent-jpg

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Joe is a good looking boy

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SirJoseph View Post
    Geez! - From the day I first brought Sir Joseph to the vet and every visit since...Are you planning on neutering him? When are you going to neuter him? Are you going to get him neutered? We recommend he be neutered when he gets chipped. Are you going to get him chipped? By the way...are you planning on neutering him? Ay Caramba! AND then when you tell them you're not sure, that you might breed him at some point in the future but haven't decided yet they look at you like you're some sort of terrorist or something. haha! The folks at the vet are definitely PRO spay and neuter. We even have special license plates in Nevada that promote it. It's not just the vet that feels inclined to inquire either...Crazy

All that being said...JOE is my first EB so I am still learning about the breed and waiting to see if JOE has any genetic/health issues or anything else going on that might make it a bad idea to breed him. However, he is the coolest dog I've ever had and a handsome fellow too so if everything is OK then breeding him is not out of the question as I would like another puppy at some point in the future. For now, JOE will remain intact and he is glad to hear it. haha!

-joe-heater-vent-jpg
    Indeed I hear you. Our Vet asked once and hasn't again, perhaps by the way I responded or perhaps she has more sense, tact and respect of others reasoned choices. Trainer asked once and likewise she knew where I stood. Whether you breed the dog or not, in my opinion leaving the dog intact, the way the dog is when it comes into this world and I am convinced is in the best interest of the well being of the dog, I would leave the dog with his equipment unless there is an overriding reason not to. Neutering is NOT the default position.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Madison was our bully of 11.5 yrs, Mackenzie and Rooney come home 4/5 (born 2/8)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to start a new thread, but hopefully we can just continue this one. Does anyone know how early spaying affects females? We love our vet and she told us yesterday about the golden retriever study and is strongly recommending that we wait to spay our girls until 12 months, which means they would go through a heat cycle. It all makes sense to me, but I've never had a dog in heat, my Madi (RIP) was spayed at 6 months, 12 years ago because I didn't know any better. Please share thoughts on delayed spaying and what it's like to go through heat (times two). Would they be in heat at the same time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I always neutered all my females at age 6 months -and never had a problem x
    I think this is personal decision as everyone on here does it differently
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads