Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 1/2 month old - Overweight or not

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    United States
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 7 1/2 month old - Overweight or not

He looks great to me but like the others have said its very important to watch their diet and when given treats especially store bought treats adjust their kibble accordingly. I make all Sheldon's treats as well as use only small amounts of fresh fruits and veggies as training treats, and I don't have to worry about them having a hole bunch of calories.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 7 1/2 month old - Overweight or not

Quote Originally Posted by BoonDocks View Post
    OK, thank you. I forgot to mention that we contacted the breeder about Boon's parents weight. Momma is 40-45 and daddy is 50-55. He thought is was kinda weird cuz Boon's sis/bro's parents called too cuz their pup is HUGH too. SO maybe they just thru a HUGH litter. Anyway he goes to vet tomorrow cuz he's been limping for a week, so we want to get it checked out. Well talk to the vet about changing food to adult.
    Limping could be growing pains.... but keep us posted. nd, think about a different food.. SD is good for short periods of time to address an issue, not really good for long term. check out the Dogfood ratings list we have here to help with your decision.
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads