I'm really upset--Finn bit the neighbor!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@cali baker --- so sorry this happen. How are things going?

Okay so far. Last Fri after work I dropped off an orchid plant and a card at my neighbor's front door. In the card I told her my plan w/the behaviorist and that Finn would be on a very short leash from now on while outdoors and i didn't want her fearing for her life! Also gave her my ph# if she needed to contact me and if she needed any medical attention to send me the bills. Her knee looked okay when i saw it but i just wanted to include that.

The behaviorist is coming over this coming Sat. Christine, didn't you mention before that you had a behaviorist come by for your pooches in the past? What was that like? correct me if i'm wrong but i just recall something like that.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@cali baker .. Henny first and formost I want to say sorry this happened. I don't have any advice but I wanted to send you a bully hug. Can I tell you though, don't get mad, but the visual of finn chasing her has me dying. Tell finn I said it wasn't nice but he aleviated a bit of my stress.

That scene of Finn chasing her will be ingrained in my brain for a long while. I'm surprised none of the neighbors popped their heads out while it was going on. I was in my pj's, the ones with the moose print all over, wearing my fuzzy slippers, running after Finn, yelling for my neighbor to "RUN!!!", while neighbor's screaming her head off ahead of me w/Finn in between us, and Tate right behind me joining in on the action! I almost wish it was videotaped by someone so i could post it. I was shaking, crying, and laughing when it was all over with...just didn't seem real.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
@cali_baker ..it will be ok. you are a very diligent bully parent and are taking all of the right steps. Your neighbor can surely see your sincerity and how much work you are ready to put into correcting this situation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The behaviorist is coming over this coming Sat. Christine, didn't you mention before that you had a behaviorist come by for your pooches in the past? What was that like? correct me if i'm wrong but i just recall something like that.

Yes, we did. Banks was really difficult to handle between 1-2. What we did was two fold, recognizing the issues had us call the trainer and stay after class to talk with her about what we were experiencing with Banks. She came to the house as a guest..we made it as Banks would not think she was being watched -- this was in hope she would go out of line, which she did. Based on what Amy witnessed that night, Banks went and spent 3 full days/nights at her home (doggy boot camp)... upon return it was out turn to be trained, Amy spent two hours with us to learn how to identify her cues (body language) which is more of a challenge with bullies.

I will PM you more and also I suggest you read a book called 'The other end of the leash'....

Members online