Puppy day

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Breeder told me to free feed and stop at 400pm. I like free feed but Nyala is going to free feed herself to. Very hard to free feed when you have 2 dogs. So last night I tried something which im fully against but needed to see it. I put a large blanket on my bed and he slept with me. Little bugger didn't get up once even though my alarm which was set for 230am, I didn't get up and waited to see if he was going to get up. Well he didn't. I got him up at 6am and he was still sleeping. I still got him off my bed n put him out. He pee for a while but man did he poop a big one. So basically he can hold it. Why he wont in his pen is the question.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy!!! perfect way to find out!! so now, how the heck to you figure the next step?? maybe just put crate next to you for the night??? and then when he proves he can do that, then boot him out of the room??? what a little stinker!!! and it's funny how much they can 'put out' when held huh...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy!!! perfect way to find out!! so now, how the heck to you figure the next step?? maybe just put crate next to you for the night??? and then when he proves he can do that, then boot him out of the room??? what a little stinker!!! and it's funny how much they can 'put out' when held huh...

No matter what he'll get booted out lol. Breeder thinks he gets up cause he's hungry. Arent all pups? Lol maybe he felt more secure me being there as Nyala sleeps on the sofa on her own. He does eat extremely fast. Not use having a dog gobbling up so fast. That plays with digestion.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Breeder told me to free feed and stop at 400pm. I like free feed but Nyala is going to free feed herself to. Very hard to free feed when you have 2 dogs.

My breeder suggested to free feed as well but for I don't because (a) Jax would eat it; (b) Jax eats raw and Louie does not; and (c) Louie would eat it all in 5 seconds.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Breeder told me to free feed and stop at 400pm. I like free feed but Nyala is going to free feed herself to. Very hard to free feed when you have 2 dogs. So last night I tried something which im fully against but needed to see it. I put a large blanket on my bed and he slept with me. Little bugger didn't get up once even though my alarm which was set for 230am, I didn't get up and waited to see if he was going to get up. Well he didn't. I got him up at 6am and he was still sleeping. I still got him off my bed n put him out. He pee for a while but man did he poop a big one. So basically he can hold it. Why he wont in his pen is the question.

Ah ha I see it is a behaviour issue so maybe his pen is too large I have no idea but I understand that if it is they will go to the bathroom in it. You may have a new bed mate by the sounds of it [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like a issue with the food we had problems like that tried a few high quality kibbles but raw feeding was the only solution. Hope you can find out what's wrong soon.

Don't think it's food related but more of a "bug." Jax had loose stool a couple days before Louie and they eat different food. Jax is now fine so waiting for Louie to catch up but he is just a puppy and does not have as strong of an immune system. Fecal test came back negative for parasites as well.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ah ha I see it is a behaviour issue so maybe his pen is too large I have no idea but I understand that if it is they will go to the bathroom in it. You may have a new bed mate by the sounds of it [emoji12] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup I think the pen is too big. I do have Nyala's kennel. I think I'll take it back out n put the pen away as having a dog in my bed is not going to happen. I'll do it for a bit for his belly gets to know I can hold it till morning then "kick him out!"

2017-06-14-13-32-29--47346009.jpeg

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Yup I think the pen is too big. I do have Nyala's kennel. I think I'll take it back out n put the pen away as having a dog in my bed is not going to happen. I'll do it for a bit for his belly gets to know I can hold it till morning then "kick him out!"

View attachment 106523

I'm glad it's not a health issue. Hope that works. Good luck telling a bulldog to get off the bed [emoji6]. George doesn't sleep with us he can't stand it when we sleep so he's happy in his crate at night.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

View attachment 106523

He wants to sleep and cuddle with you!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, I would definitely try a smaller confined area at night as it might very well be that he knows he has the space to go.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He wants to sleep and cuddle with you!!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, I would definitely try a smaller confined area at night as it might very well be that he knows he has the space to go.

I just finished putting up the kennel n added the division inside. This squirt snores, farts, makes non stop noises when he sleeps. ! Like a whining noise. I'll never sleep lolll

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I just finished putting up the kennel n added the division inside. This squirt snores, farts, makes non stop noises when he sleeps. ! Like a whining noise. I'll never sleep lolll

hopefully!!! this will be just what the dr (you) ordered for to put that boy to sleep allllll night no potty!!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Funny you say this. Last night Louie slept with me on the couch and he was all curled up near my face and man, the noises he makes!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
curious how last night went??????

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
curious how last night went??????
Slept with me as ineed to sleep before the bags under my eyes gets any bigger. Then I'll have to post on here for my own treatment. Hahaha...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Slept with me as ineed to sleep before the bags under my eyes gets any bigger. Then I'll have to post on here for my own treatment. Hahaha...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hahahha, oh boy,,, how to get US sleep through the night!!! and what to put on those bags to sooth... Well, this will be fun.. Glad you got some sleep :)

Members online

No members online now.