Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yoshi, Serenity, Cornbread, SunnyMae and Sugar
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

We have (3) different breeds of fur-babies but we feed them all 4Health from Tractor Supply. It is supposed to be comparable to Taste of the Wild. We also add fresh cooked beef, chicken, fish or liver to their feeding once a day, as well as cooked eggs. We add coconut oil, GSE and Nutri-Cal (for puppies and pregnant or nursing mommies only). We have had great success using these products and feeding this food. We tried Blue in the beginning but caused serious diarrhea. We tried various other brands and there were additives or manufacturing facility issues that steered us away from them. They've been on this kibble for over a year now. We have a lot of fur-babies and through research found that this is the best dry kibble for our babies and for us. No digestion issues or major health concerns (yet....touch wood).

Quote Originally Posted by AdventuresWithOliver View Post
    Oliver was recently diagnosed with some esophageal/cardiac sphincter issues. We were told to switch from a dry food to a wet, which left us a little lost. Oliver has always been on grain-free food. We are currently using Nature's Recipe wet - which isn't grain-free. I know they DO make a grain-free but he just didn't like it at all. The good news is that the wet food has definitely made a HUGE improvement with his issues (no more regurgitation!) but not being grain-free, I am already seeing a few very minor skin issues that we'd like to cut off before they become bigger issues. Oliver is quite picky, which is annoying. If he has to be on wet food, which he does, I'd prefer it to be fish based (our vet believes that chicken based foods are considered "hot foods" which are a little harsher on the belly; we agree) and he only seems to like Chicken for this brand. (we've tried them all.)

So, my question is: Does anyone have any opinion on any brand(s) of wet, grain-free food OR a wet non-grain-free food that isn't chicken based?
    Did you find a good food for him? I'm looking for an alternate food for my Donozo's sphincter/mega-esophagus/sliding hernia problem. He takes Cisapride 3 times daily (prescription) because he was regurgitating his food 6-12 times a day
    Using Tapatalk

Drool Catcher AdventuresWithOliver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherri
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Did you find a good food for him? I'm looking for an alternate food for my Donozo's sphincter/mega-esophagus/sliding hernia problem. He takes Cisapride 3 times daily (prescription) because he was regurgitating his food 6-12 times a day
    I'm sorry to hear about Donozo's issues. It's so frustrating when we just want them to feel better!
    We are back to where we started with Nature's Recipe, canned. It's not the highest quality but it is the only one his stomach seems to tolerate (ie: no diarrhea). I'm not sure how you feel about homeopathic remedies but we also started Oliver on an all-natural (approved by our vet) Digestive capsule. It has ingredients like Marshmallow bark and Slippery Elm which coats the esophagus and stomach. (these are the same ingredients in Throat Coat tea which is awesome for humans when you have a sore throat!) He gets one with breakfast and one with dinner. We open the capsule and put it right into his food. He also gets one regular-strength Pepcid at bedtime. He no longer regurgitates!!!!! (he still vomits a little when excited) The down-side is he has gained some weight from keeping his food down. LOL!
    Life is always an Adventure with Oliver!
    http://adventureswitholiver.tumblr.com/

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Titus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah Bardwell View Post
    Has anyone tried Blue Buffalo? That is what I have my yorkies on which two is a breed known for Allergies so when we brought Memphis hm on Saturday I went and bought BB puppy... Any advice is welcome..
    Our vet told us to stay away from BB for our EB. He is 9 months old now but we also have a 5 year old pit bull who has always been on Blue. He has done very well and the vet is always complimenting us however she did not recommend blue for Titus. She sai there is very little research done on EB with their sensitive tummies. We had already switched from the breeders food to blue when we saw the vet and we noticed he never had a hard stool. He was also very gassy as well. We switched to royal canin for bulldogs and he immediately did great. We are looking into switching him though again bc it just seems like he doesn't care for it. Def not eating the recommended daily amount which worries me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Remove Ads