Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis View Post
    wow - I took meatball to a vet that is suppose to deal with bulldogs & they recommended it, stating there is scientific proof that it has everything a bulldog needs. I'm so confused......originally he was on wellness & stool was very loose, then switched to blue & he was much better. I'm going to look at the food rating & find another food. Thanks everyone!
    Unfortunately, most of the vets are not very knowledgeable in nutrition and some are compensated to 'sell' certain products.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

I am switching from Blue Buffalo to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.Hopefully eating grain free will help Nigel's skin problems & both of them really like the taste. Thanks again for this forum,I'm learning alot of useful info!
    Last edited by rainyruth; 02-10-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Wanted to add specific detail on dog food

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    I am switching from Blue Buffalo to Taste of the Wild. Hopefully Nigel will get rid of his problems by eating grain free. Thanks again for this forum,I'm learning alot of new info!

Please let @JeannieCO know how this goes! She is looking for Dog Food Change success stories!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    I am switching from Blue Buffalo to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.Hopefully eating grain free will help Nigel's skin problems & both of them really like the taste. Thanks again for this forum,I'm learning alot of useful info!
    rainyruth. I've had really good success with Blue Buffalo Basics for Wilson. When I got him he was on Science Diet, I transitioned him to Wellness and he had runny poo and then transitioned him to BB Basics. I also changed all his scooby snacks to grain free or w/o chicken (he's allergic to chicken and has been allergy tested). Remember the snacks aren't doing your guys any good if they're reacting bad to the ingredients that are in them. I've learned so much from this place and Food was my #1 learning experience. Please let me know how Nigel's skin problems are after he's been on Blue Buffalo for a few months as it may take that long for his skin issues to fully clear. But please please keep us, and me updated on his progress.

to EBN too.

Thanks Becky for the tag! Emma's keeping me quite busy with other other two hooligans. @JAKEISGREAT
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

@rainyruth I'm also in the process of switching to TOTW Pacific Stream. They were on Natural Balance Alpha Trout, Salmon, and Whitefish and were doing fine but TOTW is better quality, less expensive, and I can get it from Agway which is less than 5 minutes from my house (as opposed to going to PetCo, 15 minutes away for the Natural Balance)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Yes, TotW is easy to find here in western Ne.also. It's rated a six star dog food,maybe it's not quite as good as Fromm,but it seems like a hassle to me to have to order online.
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sargent Pepper and Lucy In The sky with diamonds
    Likes (Received)

Hi ...thanks for all the info. After doing all my research I need to get my two off Royal Canin Bulldog. Are all grain free foods better than Royal Canin? We have a petsmart close by and they have the following Grain Free food brands; Blue Buffalo, natural choice, Wellness, innova and avoderm. Which would be best for a little one prone to yeast infections or are these all better than the Royal Canin? Going to go out later and start switching tonight? Also anyone know if yeast infections can be linked to the occasional throwing up bile (yellowish whiteish slime)??

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNLucysMum View Post
    Hi ...thanks for all the info. After doing all my research I need to get my two off Royal Canin Bulldog. Are all grain free foods better than Royal Canin? We have a petsmart close by and they have the following Grain Free food brands; Blue Buffalo, natural choice, Wellness, innova and avoderm. Which would be best for a little one prone to yeast infections or are these all better than the Royal Canin? Going to go out later and start switching tonight? Also anyone know if yeast infections can be linked to the occasional throwing up bile (yellowish whiteish slime)??
    Hi there --- welcome to the site! @cowsmom can help with the food question, but an of those are better than RC My girl has yeast issues to... getting on grain free diet will help, but you also want to try to avoid potatoes, the starch adds to the yeast issues.

The bile.... I'm thinking could be allergy related --- when does this happen?
    e.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Hi there --- welcome to the site! @cowsmom can help with the food question, but an of those are better than RC My girl has yeast issues to... getting on grain free diet will help, but you also want to try to avoid potatoes, the starch adds to the yeast issues.

The bile.... I'm thinking could be allergy related --- when does this happen?

Thanks .... I can't see a pattern with the bile. It happened today and a few weeks ago, a couple of tablespoons when it happens. I've read that it could be due an empty tummy ( he hadn't eatten today before it happened).

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks .... I can't see a pattern with the bile. It happened today and a few weeks ago, a couple of tablespoons when it happens. I've read that it could be due an empty tummy ( he hadn't eatten today before it happened).
    That will do it.... empty belly and dogs does not mix well. BTW - I love the pups names.....
    e.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I'm from Liverpool transplanted here in FL so I had to go with something to do with the Beatles good news is i picked up some innova grain free tonight and they loved the little bit I mixed with there normal dinner. Thank goodness for this site or I never would of connected the dots.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I'm from Liverpool transplanted here in FL so I had to go with something to do with the Beatles good news is i picked up some innova grain free tonight and they loved the little bit I mixed with there normal dinner. Thank goodness for this site or I never would of connected the dots.
    You think you like us now.... wait till you get addicted to us
    e.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads