EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New food please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    I'm giving mine Acana single protein right now. At first they gobbled it down (pork protein). But now Lockjaw seems disinterested, but Penny still ate fine. I just got the the Duck and pear yesterday. They ate it ok yesterday, but this morning both seemed a bit disinterested in it. I'll try mixing in some of the Tilleys cooked food in it and see how they like it.
    I thought Lockjaws appetite was just lowering a bit since it's been so hot, it with Penny not really "gobbling" it down, I think they may not like it. I'm going to give it a few more days- if still the same, then I'll call chewy to get a different brand. I was feeding Penny Canine Caviar (highly rated, yet not well know ) and she really liked it and did very well in it. I might go back to them.
    That food is an "alkalined based" food. Single protein, but might be good to look into if your baby it gettin UTI's. I did a 10-wk pH challenge with them and Penny was very acidic- through the weeks, her acidity lowered and her pH was within a normal range.
    The only reason I switched was I was giving Lockjaw Acana, and I think Acana was a little cheaper, so I figured I would see how Penny did on that. But now, I might be going back to Canine Caviar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know I think that you are spot on about the weather... my pups don't seem to want to eat as much, and I'm fine w/that. I don't like to eat a lot when it's hot as well.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    I'm giving mine Acana single protein right now. At first they gobbled it down (pork protein). But now Lockjaw seems disinterested, but Penny still ate fine. I just got the the Duck and pear yesterday. They ate it ok yesterday, but this morning both seemed a bit disinterested in it. I'll try mixing in some of the Tilleys cooked food in it and see how they like it.
    I thought Lockjaws appetite was just lowering a bit since it's been so hot, it with Penny not really "gobbling" it down, I think they may not like it. I'm going to give it a few more days- if still the same, then I'll call chewy to get a different brand. I was feeding Penny Canine Caviar (highly rated, yet not well know ) and she really liked it and did very well in it. I might go back to them.
    That food is an "alkalined based" food. Single protein, but might be good to look into if your baby it gettin UTI's. I did a 10-wk pH challenge with them and Penny was very acidic- through the weeks, her acidity lowered and her pH was within a normal range.
    The only reason I switched was I was giving Lockjaw Acana, and I think Acana was a little cheaper, so I figured I would see how Penny did on that. But now, I might be going back to Canine Caviar.

"

aww yes.... ,, the canine caviar is one that my very 'only feed raw' doggie healthy pet food lady recommends... I had forgotten about that one..

3. Likes Corine Pesantes, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    "

aww yes.... ,, the canine caviar is one that my very 'only feed raw' doggie healthy pet food lady recommends... I had forgotten about that one..
    I really like it. Some of their formulas are pretty pricey- but the food is very good. It's also a "small" kibble which I think Penny enjoyed more too. Lol

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Real Name
    Brittany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
    Likes (Received)

Thank y'all so much for your help. I think I will try the Acana Duck and Pear. If that's not working I'll try different singles protein. Stella isn't a picky eater. They love about anything I give them. We are getting an Ultrasound on Friday to rule out anything like stones. We had allergy testing done awhile back and she mainly had environmental allergies. No food allergies. I didn't want to put her on allergy shots so I try to control it with food and Apoquel. A pet nutritionist made a couple of recipes for Stella and she lost too much weight on home cooking. We put her back on dry kibble and she gained her weight back.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Castor has tried both Acana and Orijen and they are very good foods. They used to be a bit too rich for him, though, but the last months he's done really well on Orijen adult (I think it's called - blue bag) and we add some dried carrots for his tummy. He actually does much better on Orijen than on raw (which I hate to admit as raw seems more natural than to buy bags of kibble that have been shipped across the Atlantic...)

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Castor has tried both Acana and Orijen and they are very good foods. They used to be a bit too rich for him, though, but the last months he's done really well on Orijen adult (I think it's called - blue bag) and we add some dried carrots for his tummy. He actually does much better on Orijen than on raw (which I hate to admit as raw seems more natural than to buy bags of kibble that have been shipped across the Atlantic...)
    awwww, the blue bag... yes, I was just considering that one as well... I know helsonwheels used that with her gs and was a very healthy dog hips and all... mabie that's what i'll try for fun,,,,, for hank

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    awwww, the blue bag... yes, I was just considering that one as well... I know helsonwheels used that with her gs and was a very healthy dog hips and all... mabie that's what i'll try for fun,,,,, for hank
    Castor recommends it! we soak it.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Castor recommends it! we soak it.
    Nice and right now, he's doing one meal HK with me cookin up the meat, and one of the Acana duck and pear. Things looking real good so think he's ready for another addition Thanks

Real Name
    Brittany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

The Orijen food "blue bag" is it the original or the freeze dried?

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaverstock1 View Post
    The Orijen food "blue bag" is it the original or the freeze dried?

the one I'm speaking of (and I think Castors mom too) is the 'original' .... it is not a single source of protein

12. Likes cefe13 liked this post
    Real Name
    Brittany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Ok thanks for everyone's help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12