Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: natures variety raw boost

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    This is funny , and gross stuff right here . Hanks daddy and benefactor keeps telling me to feed the best... I am still tempted to go premade raw soly but with me traveling with him I have to keep his gut prepared for different things.. I did rotation with my shih tzus and they could eat anything and they always had a good poop I'm hoping this follows with Mr. sensitive breed here. Edited to add What's about the cost of straight raw these big eaters ?
    You can feed frozen raw at home and then do dehydrated or freeze dried when traveling. There are different opinions on mixing raw with kibble. Some say it's fine and others say it's not because they digest differently.

Commercial raw is definitely more pricey because it's already balanced out. Beef, chicken and pork are some of the cheaper proteins. You can also mix in quinoa or brown sprouted rice which would help costs cause then you're giving less meat. I mix in green bison tripe for Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Great site and thanks! I know I've looked at it before but really interesting this time .. I did get some primal venison (freeze dried patties) to add to some acana if need be on the trip. (I will take some frozen turkey for the kindly, but that will only last a few days in cooler I'm guessing, so covering best I can) .. also have the thk so hopfully we be good! boy, our heads spin for these guys don't they ... I just don't want some tummy upset if I can help it then, will go back to some premade raw possibly after reading someore of the site yu suggest when we get home... haha,, not even leaving for a few weeks and I'm all spazen!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I think if you order those raw grinds from local farms it's actually cheaper than raw dehydrated. Check out the dogaware.com web site. DogAware.com: Raw Dog Food Co-ops and Local Groups

3. Likes Dollys Owner liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Thank you and yep,,, going to be thinking about that as well... I actually do feed quite a bit of premade raw a couple of times a week, and don't mix that with kibble. though......... I have mixed in some freeze dried raw to kibble in the past w no issue. (and am taking some of freezedried and kibble for backup on trip ) Yep, I have read about mixing too. Some are adamant about not mixing, and others say don't scare people away from using at least some. Again, I guess you have to see what your dog tolerates. So far, I have been able to feed some of everything to Hank, and actually all my dogs through the years so fingers crossed, I've helped them gain an iron gut!! They also get alternate stuff,,, acv, pro/pre biotocs on and off, sauerkraut, organ meats,,,, lots of goodies. Mostly these days, it's the HK with turkey alternating with some preference, and then raw raw as well... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    You can feed frozen raw at home and then do dehydrated or freeze dried when traveling. There are different opinions on mixing raw with kibble. Some say it's fine and others say it's not because they digest differently.

Commercial raw is definitely more pricey because it's already balanced out. Beef, chicken and pork are some of the cheaper proteins. You can also mix in quinoa or brown sprouted rice which would help costs cause then you're giving less meat. I mix in green bison tripe for Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads