I posted in the "you yogurt people" thread and will post this here as well - because, honestly, I was a little offended by the statement. I know you meant no disrespect, however, I pride myself on researching what to give my boy and take a lot into consideration upon reading people's personal experiences…Stoneyfield was a yogurt that came highly recommended to help aid in digestion issues, a top ingredient in doing a "bland diet" and also a nice cool treat, safe for dogs for the summer time. The AKC website did an article on probiotics being offered in some yogurts - "some" being the keyword - and suggested it as well as a quote derived from a whole dog journal piece.
"You yogurt people" are many of the members that have done extensive research on the matter and have wisely chosen to add yogurt into the diet if one so chooses…yogurt w/out added sugars and/or flavors for obvious reasons. It may not always be vet recommended as there is some controversy on the matter…however, some vets DO recommend yogurt for diarrhea in puppies. When new EBNers are doing their research, it's helpful to have different sides on a subject matter - my reason for posting this, no other…not trying to start anything, just wanted to be clear of facts and research. Yogurt can be given to a dog to help with digestive issues and can be offered to provide certain strains of beneficial bacteria.