Another thread about amount to feed puppy

wfd38383

Active member
Community Veteran
Joined
Jul 26, 2010
Messages
788
Reaction score
51
Location
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
When we brought guinness home the breeder had been free feeding the puppies with no set amount. He is 7lbs right now and he I have him eating 3/4 cup (1/2 cup purina and 1/4 cup fromm puppy) 2x daily. Is this right or should I be doing three cups a day? thanks for the help!
 
That doesnt sound bad but I am not the puppy expert. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] knows this answer.
 
Yes that is okay, you will want to increase the amount as he grows. But he is just a tiny guy right now. I think I would break it into 3 feedings a day if you can swing it, half cup each feeding. At least for the next month to keep blood sugar at a good amount
 
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] thank you very much for the advice, i'll start on that schedule tomorrow am for the next month or so
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top