Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3meals/day to 2meals/day transition (puppy to adult food transition)

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 3meals/day to 2meals/day transition (puppy to adult food transition)

Quote Originally Posted by samnie View Post
    oh, 1/4 cup for her lunch. i give her 1 1/4 cup in the AM & 1 1/3 cup in the PM. im increasing the PM meals though since she really seems hungry when i pick her up from the sitter's home. she's only 6 1/2 months and weighs 36 lbs. her vet wants me to limit her to 2 cups a day but i think that's ridiculous!!

Jake went to 2 cups a day at 6 months...but only because if I gave him even 1/4 cup more..his got soft! He is STILL like that!

Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 3meals/day to 2meals/day transition (puppy to adult food transition)

Since last month, Walley-Bubba now gets 2 cups per day during the week and 3 cups per day on weekends.
    Fromm Pork and Peas. Dry. No salmon oil. No vitamins. Perfect stool since switch to Fromm.
    He's 8 months old, weighs 57 lbs, no fat and is still gaining.
    God he's strong!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Wow! This makes me feel like I'm over feeding my bullies. We give them each 1.75 cups for breakfast (6am) and 1.75 cups for dinner (4pm). They are approaching 9 months old and are only about 37 pounds. Teh vet says they are looking good. Maybe the quality of food i give them is less so they need more to get the nuitrients? I feed them Diamond Naturals large breed puppy. I have one bag left and them I was going to swap them to an "adult" food, but haven't decided which one to go with. Any suggestions?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you got really good advice from everyone above. I have two 16 month old siblings, Bulldozer and Blossom. They were on puppy food until they were 7 months old, and I fed them 1 cup 3 times a day. Then I switched to two 1 cup feedings a day, one in the morning, and one in the evening. They get plain yogurt on their kibble in the morning, and I give them treats during the day like cut up apples, or they share a banana, or strawberries, cheese strings, or green beans. My two both weigh 45 lbs, but my vet wants me to keep them at 40 lbs, so suggested I cut back their food to 3/4 of a cup twice a day, I don't think they are overweight, but she says it's hard on their joints to be overweight. My two get two long walks a ay, once in the morning, and once in the evening, we let them run free down at the trail and river behind my house in the morning when it's cooler outside. There isn't really any set rules on the feeding schedule or amounts as every bully is different, mine are smaller, so twice a day feedings are fine for them, also you can gage it on the poops, if they are pooping many times a day, or if they are soft or mushy, then it may be too much food. My guys poop two or three times a day, and they are soft but firm. If your guy isn't overweight, as this is not good for their back or joints, and his poops are good, then you can give a little more food. Your baby is super cute.

Heres a picture of my two
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you got really good advice from everyone above. I have two 16 month old siblings, Bulldozer and Blossom. They were on puppy food until they were 7 months old, and I fed them 1 cup 3 times a day. Then I switched to two 1 cup feedings a day, one in the morning, and one in the evening. They get plain yogurt on their kibble in the morning, and I give them treats during the day like cut up apples, or they share a banana, or strawberries, cheese strings, or green beans. My two both weigh 45 lbs, but my vet wants me to keep them at 40 lbs, so suggested I cut back their food to 3/4 of a cup twice a day, I don't think they are overweight, but she says it's hard on their joints to be overweight. My two get two long walks a ay, once in the morning, and once in the evening, we let them run free down at the trail and river behind my house in the morning when it's cooler outside. There isn't really any set rules on the feeding schedule or amounts as every bully is different, mine are smaller, so twice a day feedings are fine for them, also you can gage it on the poops, if they are pooping many times a day, or if they are soft or mushy, then it may be too much food. My guys poop two or three times a day, and they are soft but firm. If your guy isn't overweight, as this is not good for their back or joints, and his poops are good, then you can give a little more food. Your baby is super cute.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

I give Brie 1 cup of Fromm puppy gold w 1/2 can Fromm wet 2x day (breakfast n dinner) she is 7 mos as of today and weighs 33 pounds. Of course she gets snacks here n there during the day..she likes the yogurt/peanut butter drops and dried sweet potatoes to chew on. (She gets one of each at some point). plus i'll give her a small piece of liver brownie in her crate when she takes a crate break.) I have to try the frozen green beans now! I'm switching her to a Fromm adult as soon as she is done w this puppy bag which will be soon.

Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)

Am I under feeding Bailey. I give her 1/2 cup of food 3 times a day; in the morning with a dollop of yogurt, 2nd meal with a dollop of pumpkin, 3rd meal just the 1/2 cup of kibble. She is gaining weight, about 1 pound a week; she'll be 13 weeks the 15th and she weighs 14.2 pounds.

This is a fairly recent photo, 6 days ago. She's wet, she was playing in the hose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wet_bailey-jpg  
    Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Harlea gets 3/4 cup of Fromm Puppy Gold twice a day morning and night. Throughout the day she gets snacks and treats like apples, bananas, yogurt with apple and slices of bell peppers and she is right at about 11 pounds at 10 weeks old and her vet says she looks fantastic. Our goal it to try and keep her between 40 and 45 pounds when she is full grown.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I feed raw, but I don't quite get the weaning part??? One day my boys got 3 meals and the next they got 2. It anyway ended up being the same amount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads