Thread: Nutro Natural Choice Venison Potato

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)

Default Nutro Natural Choice Venison Potato

Does anyone feed their English Bulldog this brand of food?

I'm thinking of switching from Royal Canin Bulldog to this brand but I wanted to hear any reviews or opinions first.

Thanks for your input!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nutro Natural Choice Venison Potato

hm well im not much on nutro natural choice foods really. if your going to use nutro the ultra line would be the best but i dont see a grain free one there. natural balance has a venison limited ingredient food you may want to look at. these all have such low protein it concerns me so perhaps add a bit of protein to the diet with one of these.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 04-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis & Cyrus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    hm well im not much on nutro natural choice foods really. if your going to use nutro the ultra line would be the best but i dont see a grain free one there. natural balance has a venison limited ingredient food you may want to look at. these all have such low protein it concerns me so perhaps add a bit of protein to the diet with one of these.
    Hmmm I'll keep researching. When I adopted Otis, his previous owner said that's what she fed him. But when we picked up him she gave us his left over, unmarked food...which is probably just kibble and bits.

Otis needs to go on a diet, so I'm looking for a low-calorie one. AND I'm pretty sure he has an allergy (all his snacks and royal canin food have some sort of wheat in it), but I'll get that confirmed once we go to the vet tomorrow.

I've heard great things of FROMM, and I noticed they have a weight management one. Maybe I'll try that one once I figure out if he has any allergies.
    Last edited by Shahster; 04-14-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i can tell you that this food thing can be daunting but it can be done so just slow down and take one thing at a time. enjoy your bully is the main thing.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shahster View Post
    Hmmm I'll keep researching. When I adopted Otis, his previous owner said that's what she fed him. But when we picked up him she gave us his left over, unmarked food...which is probably just kibble and bits.

Otis needs to go on a diet, so I'm looking for a low-calorie one. AND I'm pretty sure he has an allergy (all his snacks and royal canin food have some sort of wheat in it), but I'll get that confirmed once we go to the vet tomorrow.

I've heard great things of FROMM, and I noticed they have a weight management one. Maybe I'll try that one once I figure out if he has any allergies.

Fromm is a great food. lots of peeps feed the beef frittata . they also have the weight management, although it does contain chicken. I just started feeding kibble again after feeding raw for 10 weeks and I chose Fromm they are a family owned company and don't make any other food in their plant, which means a lot to me after all the food recalls that are made out of basically a few plants. I chose the Fromm Pork and applesauce and the Fromm senior (low activity) formulas, two different kinds. I have so many mouths to feed, that's why I stopped feeding raw
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Switching of of RC is a great idea... not a real good food. i think I posted in your other thread, but lots of bullies have issues with grains and chicken. I currently feed Beef Frittata and am looking/thinking about going to the new flavor Pork and Peas.... my girl has issue with white potatoes and this new one does not have chicken, grains or white potatoes... VERY EXCITED about it.

If you are thinking FROMM... there are several without chicken and a whole line of grain free.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads