Help Needed! Single protein source

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok there are some single protein foods. pure vita has single protein foods. 3 grain free ones bison, salmon, turkey. acana has 2 duck and pear and lamb and apple. natures variety has 3 actually now duck, turkey, lamb. i can come up with more if you need it. [MENTION=1933]bscarpenter[/MENTION]

OP
B

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
Thank you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]. What is your opinion? Should I give Fromm Beef Frittata a try or follow vet advice and switch to single protein. I guess the ultimate goal is to narrow any allergy issues down to the protein source, but I really want to just find food that works.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thank you @cowsmom. What is your opinion? Should I give Fromm Beef Frittata a try or follow vet advice and switch to single protein. I guess the ultimate goal is to narrow any allergy issues down to the protein source, but I really want to just find food that works.

If I were you I would immediately change to the Fromm Beef Frittata. You are currently feeding the chicken and it's amazing how many bullies are allergic to chicken. So before you go through the whole thing of switching to a different food then I would try the beef and see if it is not just the fact that you are using chicken that is the problem!!

You also have a lot of bulldogs who are allergic to grain ... so if it's the grain that's giving him the itchies and not the chicken then you are still choosing a good flvour to switch to, because you're covering both things! Beef frittata is grain-free ... Chicken is not.

The Fromm Beef and the Fromm chicken are both in the 4* range .... that means you don't have to do any type of gradual switch. You can switch immediately because the Fromm 4* range is interchangeable. There's nothing stopping you from feeding beef in the morning and then a totally different flavour in the evening.

Hope that helps .... trying the Beef is the first step in my opinion

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If I were you I would immediately change to the Fromm Beef Frittata. You are currently feeding the chicken and it's amazing how many bullies are allergic to chicken. So before you go through the whole thing of switching to a different food then I would try the beef and see if it is not just the fact that you are using chicken that is the problem!!

You also have a lot of bulldogs who are allergic to grain ... so if it's the grain that's giving him the itchies and not the chicken then you are still choosing a good flvour to switch to, because you're covering both things! Beef frittata is grain-free ... Chicken is not.

The Fromm Beef and the Fromm chicken are both in the 4* range .... that means you don't have to do any type of gradual switch. You can switch immediately because the Fromm 4* range is interchangeable. There's nothing stopping you from feeding beef in the morning and then a totally different flavour in the evening.

Hope that helps .... trying the Beef is the first step in my opinion

Agree completely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so is that all there is as far as allergies just some itching? if so i would probably try to stay with the fromm as its good food and lots here use it. its true lots of bullies do better with no chicken or grains but its not all bullies. i do prefer the higher protein in the grain free foods and the fromm beef fritatta has been used here with good success. some also use the game bird recipe to. [MENTION=1933]bscarpenter[/MENTION]

Staff online

Members online