General Question the new food arrived yesterday

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We decided to go with earthborn holistic since a lot of you gave good reviews on it and ordered it from petflow. i mixed it in with Tanks old food and the little brat sat there and picked through his food only eating the new stuff then layed under his bowls when he got all the new out (thats his way of saying he wants fed) I know that its best to start off slow.... so with him only eating the new what do we do? do we just let him be and hope for the best or make him eat the old too? If he only eats the new what issues are we looking at happenning? Hes been on natural balance limited ingredient since weve had him so we are kinda concerned at what we are going to be dealing with for the next week or two...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
try mixing a little pumpkin in and see if that helps the little stinker

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well its best to mix them for a time so the tummy can get used to it. either canned or the pumpkin mix it on all the food so he will eat it. mix it up good so its not so easy to pick it out. if not id look for maybe some soft poo and some tummy upset maybe. its hard to tell how he will do on the new food.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
oh my, and i'm sure there wasn't a lot of earthborn in there since you just started transitioning - he must be starving :)

pumpkin is a great idea! everything will at least smell the same.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice above, good luck with the new food!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, great advice above. We had a rescue bully once and he did the same thing when we tried to switch him so we just gave him the new food and some pumpkin and hoped for he best and he did not have an issue. The worst thing is their tummy may get upset and they can get diarrhea for a few days. but he may be like Cash was and it didn't bother him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Good advice above. Guess you can say he likes the new food much better then the old. :up: He won't starve and he'll eat the old if he's hungry. It not, just pick up his bowl and he can finish it off at his next feeding. I tend to transition in a few days and that's worked well for my guys. My three are doing great on the Earthborn Coastal Catch.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
thanks guys. I will try the pumpkin. we are hoping the food change helps and that he will gain some weight and not have so many issues.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I mixed in the pumpkin with tanks food this morning and its now 1:34pm and he has yet to touch his food :/ hes went and sniffed it and just walked away...... should i just leave it or give up and give him a fresh bowl??? why did i have to end up with a picky bully :confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I mixed in the pumpkin with tanks food this morning and its now 1:34pm and he has yet to touch his food :/ hes went and sniffed it and just walked away...... should i just leave it or give up and give him a fresh bowl??? why did i have to end up with a picky bully :confused:

Dang that sucks! It could be he already has a tummy upset from the completely new food. I would just put it up and try again tonight, a smaller amount. See if he eats it. If not, try the bland diet for 2 days then slowly add the new kibble.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ok will do. i wouldnt be suprised if his stomach is upset with the way that stink bombs are being set off in the house :barf:

📰 Latest posts

Members online