Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlover View Post
    Actually, the treatment is 3 rounds, two weeks apart. Today starts the third treatment.
    Okay good! What is he taking? Sometimes the meds can cause the poo to get bad for awhile too, depending on what it is. Fromm puppy can also cause loose stool if feeding too much, even cutting back a little can firm the poop right up. If they get more than they can absorb, it's all extra and comes out in runny poo. Fromm 4* is completely different and grain free, glad it is helping so far!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help again!

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Okay good! What is he taking? Sometimes the meds can cause the poo to get bad for awhile too, depending on what it is. Fromm puppy can also cause loose stool if feeding too much, even cutting back a little can firm the poop right up. If they get more than they can absorb, it's all extra and comes out in runny poo. Fromm 4* is completely different and grain free, glad it is helping so far!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    He wasn't taking any meds when his poo was runny. Today he started his 3rd and final round of Panacur for hookworms. He was also on Albon for coccidiosis but he was only on that for 8 days, so he's been off that for a while now. Fortunately our other dog didn't catch either from him. They said they will retest him when he comes back for his next round of shots on the 11th. He's still doing great now that we are mixing the two foods. I don't know if we were over feeding him or if it was the food, I'm just thankful his poo is back to normal. And I'm thankful for this website, otherwise we would have been completely clueless on what to do and probably would have taken him to the vet again.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlover View Post
    He wasn't taking any meds when his poo was runny. Today he started his 3rd and final round of Panacur for hookworms. He was also on Albon for coccidiosis but he was only on that for 8 days, so he's been off that for a while now. Fortunately our other dog didn't catch either from him. They said they will retest him when he comes back for his next round of shots on the 11th. He's still doing great now that we are mixing the two foods. I don't know if we were over feeding him or if it was the food, I'm just thankful his poo is back to normal. And I'm thankful for this website, otherwise we would have been completely clueless on what to do and probably would have taken him to the vet again.
    Worms or coccidia cause very loose stools, so it all makes sense now! You are on the right track and I think those pesky parasites sure got you all off on the wrong foot, but you are on your way. Glad it is all going so well so far with the switch!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads