Poll: Daily Poll: Where did you get your English Bulldog? (You may select more than one answer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily Poll: Where did you get your English Bulldog?

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daily Poll: Where did you get your English Bulldog?

Two of the answers apply to Gracie. We found her in an online Classified ad. She was listed as a retired breeder.
    We were exploring the options of purchase vs adoption. We called the breeder in Missouri and after getting additional pictures decided she was exactly what we wanted.
    Only a few months ago, but we've learned a lot more here than we ever knew before about puppy mills/pet shops/backyard breeders etc.
    Would we get another dog from the same place? In a heartbeat...if we were in the market for another and could afford another..but we aren't and can't. Gracie is going to be an only princess for now.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

we got lex from a local breeder in tx .we still talk and chat with her sometimes shell come over to house and let the dogs play or well meet up at the park. we got really lucky to have found a good breeder, even though we question some things she says and does.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

Well I placed an ad for a horse for sale. I had a lady answer it come see the horse and email me back and forth for a few weeks. She finally said I cant pay for the horse right now, she said I do breed dogs, (at this time I had 8 dogs) I laughed it off, told the hubby and he said no way.. Well I was nosiy and asked her what she breeds, She said Yorkies and English Bulldogs.. I freaked lol always having been around my uncles EB's I always wanted one. Hubby always said no im not spending the money (but he bought me a 13,000.00 horse?) ok lol... So I asked for pictures of the parents etc. After talking with her that she really wanted my horse ( and I a pup) She came back out to my house and we talked more. We decided to do a trade. Well this was in July 08... I let her take the horse home and we did a contract. We brought Chief home in Feb 09. I think that I got the better end of the deal. They are a great military family that came to Ca from Az...

Ireland, Well I was not really looking for a pup at that time, but then I saw her picture, ( I just sold another horse)(last one) So I called the breeder, she gave me her website etc, we talked and then the kids and I went to see her (stopped at the bank first just incase ) Well when we got there It was love at first site.. I had already loved her from the pictures. This breed has been into bulldogs since 1972. Has lots of show dogs etc. When I saw the parents that sealed the deal...

I have seen loads of EB's at pet stores and have wanted to purchase them just because I knew their fate..

@desertskybulldogs.... I think that I talked with the same lady in Vegas, they had 2 bulldogs. I almost talked myself into going and seeing them. But something told me no....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Handsome
    Likes (Received)

"H" was a rescue from Buddies Thru Bullies. I got it in my head that I wanted an EB about 7 months prior to getting Handsome, but I couldn't afford to get a registered puppy, nor really wanted the trouble of potty training and 24/7 attention. Little did I know that "H" would require that and more.

But my son and I fell in love with him when we visited him at his foster home, and we couldn't resist. The rest is history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads