Are English Bulldog puppies born with a tail?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yes, English Bulldogs are born with tails. I don't ever remember my grandma docking any tails on the bullies! Some had long tails, but not many in all the years that I remember...and she probably raised 250 puppies in 30 years.

How wonderful! Bulldogs run in your blood!

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I was reading your post from last year . I am getting a miniature English bulldog puppy from a reputable breeder . The puppy is healthy but was born without a tail . He said its not a problem . Is your bulldog doing OK without a tail ? Any worries on my behalf

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
@Rural mystic well I don't know who your breeder is and don't want to know, but you DO NOT dock bully tails, period!
When I was looking for my bulldog that was always a no no for me if I saw tails docked I didn't even contact them. Yes they all have tails. But I've never seen one with a tail like any other dog. Usually shorter right?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

While all (most) puppies are born with tails, just like ears, there are preferred types as well as fault types. Check the BCA standards for what the breed is suppose to look like.

Good Day~

Staff online

Members online