Your dog’s digestion “A MUST READ”

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I recall someone asking me in a private chat about their dog’s health issues which basically the dog needed enzymes.
I was reading an article last yr and kept it. I came across it and here it is. If your dog eats kibbles you need to read this n this also goes for the one’s feeding Raw. (Ok everybody) Oh n especially if you get your dogs vaccinate.

BTW, dogs enzymes are NOT the same as us humans will take.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting .... this might be the reason for Cheli regurgitating his food some mornings. Thing is he is so picky -- he would not eat any of the recommended foods .. yep, not even banana.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
interesting .... this might be the reason for Cheli regurgitating his food some mornings. Thing is he is so picky -- he would not eat any of the recommended foods .. yep, not even banana.
I got to up Jake’s sauerkraut cause he does regurgitate at night only. He’s been eating in a slow feeder bowl n I cut up his morning apple in small pieces which helps a lot.

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I recall someone asking me in a private chat about their dog’s health issues which basically the dog needed enzymes.
I was reading an article last yr and kept it. I came across it and here it is. If your dog eats kibbles you need to read this n this also goes for the one’s feeding Raw. (Ok everybody) Oh n especially if you get your dogs vaccinate.

BTW, dogs enzymes are NOT the same as us humans will take.

What brand do you use thanks

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
What brand do you use thanks
Don’t use a brand of enzymes. I use it from food source like sauerkraut. That being said, my dogs are on a raw diet. Basically enzymes is in foods you don’t cook as all cooked food kills the enzymes? Pineapple n honey even veggie are high in enzymes.

Btw, if you do order enzymes, that site I posted they are a good reputable website. They know their dogs n on the holistic approach.

Diesel1

Jun 3, 2021
Long Island, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I got to up Jake’s sauerkraut cause he does regurgitate at night only. He’s been eating in a slow feeder bowl n I cut up his morning apple in small pieces which helps a lot.
How much tdo you start with and how long to see results. My guy is regurgitating after every meal, several times, and even after some small treats used for training. I feed him raw and have tried everything. He shouldn't need the BOAS surgery but not sure what else I can try at this point.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How much tdo you start with and how long to see results. My guy is regurgitating after every meal, several times, and even after some small treats used for training. I feed him raw and have tried everything. He shouldn't need the BOAS surgery but not sure what else I can try at this point

Have you tried a slow feeder bowl? My feeder is as the attachment. If you can find the same in stainless or ceramic even better. I put mine in the dishwasher so I know it’s clean. My 3 dogs only eat once at supper time. In the morning I cut an apple in 3 n Jake’s is cut into small pieces cause he inhales his food. At noon I give them a dry beef strip. Sauerkraut 2 tablespoon n raw veggies is usually mixed in their food.

Members online

No members online now.