Wowzers! Surgical estimate

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We just recently had Culpeppers Hiatal Hernia corrected. Total cost for just that was around $6,000 in Northern Virginia.

Oh wow!! Now I understand the cost difference… Maybe you’re getting a deal according to this now. And by the way welcome to Culpepper the bulldog :-)

OP
LoveBug

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
Oh wow!! Now I understand the cost difference… Maybe you’re getting a deal according to this now. And by the way welcome to Culpepper the bulldog :-)

Yeah I think we are getting a deal. I've talked to so many vets in the last few days. The Internal medicine vet who did Bugs scope on Monday called me yesterday (on her day off) to answer my questions. She siad the reason she is recommending doing all the surgeries at once is because of Bugs history of aspirating on reflux. She does not feel that the hernia will repair itself because Bug really doesn't have labored breathing most of the time. She did say that she normally does recommend airway surgery and then a "wait and see" approach to hiatal hernias. She prescribed two more meds to use prior to surgery. I sent an email to the WSU surgical team with the new info and hope to hear from them on Monday with their take. No matter what - she will be having surgery of some sort mid-May.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yeah I think we are getting a deal. I've talked to so many vets in the last few days. The Internal medicine vet who did Bugs scope on Monday called me yesterday (on her day off) to answer my questions. She siad the reason she is recommending doing all the surgeries at once is because of Bugs history of aspirating on reflux. She does not feel that the hernia will repair itself because Bug really doesn't have labored breathing most of the time. She did say that she normally does recommend airway surgery and then a "wait and see" approach to hiatal hernias. She prescribed two more meds to use prior to surgery. I sent an email to the WSU surgical team with the new info and hope to hear from them on Monday with their take. No matter what - she will be having surgery of some sort mid-May.

All sounds good and through.. Theres a time when we have to 'trust' . Something that has been very hard in the past for me. I finally had a great vet for my shih tzus, and now one i thoroughly trust with my bulldog. It sure makes a difference in how we feel about the whole thing. Im glad your doing your research, and it sounds like you have a good one ;)

Members online

No members online now.