Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This is a fun thread!!

I'm young so haven't had too many dogs. Delilah is the first dog that is actually "mine."

When I was a little kid, we lived out in the country and had a big yard. We adopted a Black Labrador puppy and named him Chance. I loved running around with him outside. One day a hunter trespassed onto our yard and shot Chance in the head while I was by him. =/ He just ran off and didn't say anything. I'm thankful he didn't hit me as I was right by the dog..but that was traumatizing as a kid! Poor Chance. :(

We then got Bogey, who was a Golden Retriever / Lab mix. He looked like a black golden pretty much. He was a good farm dog. When we moved to the city, the people that moved into our country house really liked Bogey so we let him stay there with them. He was older and we thought it would be hard for him to adjust to city living in a house.

After that, I adopted a dog from the pound named Skipper. They said Shetland Sheepdog mix. I've decided that I think he was a Sheltie / Papillon mix. That dog was seriously my best friend..I loved him so much. He got me through a lot of tough times in my life and was my best friend. My mom's ex husband poisoned him while I was at school. Yeah, he was a real winner, ugh. If it wasn't for him I'm sure I'd still have Skipper. It makes my blood boil thinking about it. I still miss him.
SkipperCouchDoYouKnowHowToPutThatCa.jpg

SkipperRun.jpg

SkipPiano.jpg

SkipperBlackJack004.jpg

^I think I was in 5th grade in this picture? haha. :)
OldEasterPic.jpg

^My brother, sister, me, and Skipper on Easter. 4th or 5th grade?
MeAndSKipperBeforeDanceSmall.jpg

6th grade. We straightened my hair and did my make up for a dance.
God I miss that dog. He had his issues. He was dog aggressive and was EXTREMELY protective of me. But he loved me so much. I miss him.

We then got Kaiya, an Australian Shepherd. They're one of my other favorite breeds. She was an awesome dog, super smart. I want another Aussie some day. The neighbor kid trespassed into our yard and Kaiya nipped at his heels to try and herd him out of the yard..it's something herding breeds do. She didn't even break the skin. But, my step mom owns a day care and it then became a liability when the neighbor's reported us so we had to rehome her. We gave her to a woman who had a few other aussies and a huge farm. It was so sad. =/ I saw Kaiya a few years ago..she was doing fantastic. We had her the same time that we had Skipper. She had to be rehomed a year or so before Skipper died.
She was kind of from a crappy breeder..lol but I was young at the time and didn't realize. Looking at her now..she really didn't look much like an Aussie. xD
KaiyaSayWhat.jpg

KaiyaBeautiful.jpg

KaiyaSoccerBall.jpg

I also had Ellie who was a Blue heeler mix that I got from the pound. She was by far the most difficult dog I've ever had, lol. She loved people but was dog aggressive and I just couldn't get her to get better on that. We lived in a rental house at the time..and we had a problem with all the hoodlum kids coming over and opening up the backyard gate while we had her and she'd run off and get lose. I had to pay $90 four different times to get her out of the pound. We weren't allowed to have locks on our gates per the rules of the rental agreement. We basically figured out that we weren't going to be able to have dogs at that property and a man we knew that loved Ellie took her. He was retired and needed someone to keep him company on his farm.
EllieShowFace.jpg

EllieSmile.jpg

My parents now have Spook, the 15 year old Labrador Retriever and Nero, the 4 year old Pomeranian. Spook is awesome..she was found on the side of the road when she was about 9 months old and pregnant. My step-mom took her in and rehomed all the puppies. Spook is still with us and kickin'. She's had a lot of problems with hematomas in her ear recently and had to have surgery on them. She's deaf and is going blind. But..she still is a happy, cuddly dog! We love her to bits. Nero is a 30 lb pomeranian with a thyroid problem, ha. He's on medication and he's active and everything but he's just...FAT. lol. I call him my poofy burnt marshmallow.
567068755_iSjzE-M.jpg

578607461_52pcz-M.jpg

Spook looks pretty darn good for 15.

567079561_jvzVW-M.jpg

578595809_M8fcN-M.jpg

and now of course I have Delilah the Bulldog! Bulldogs have been my favorite breed for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'm ever going to go without a bullie now!