Switching N&D kibble to Natures Logic

winniebby

Jun 17, 2023
Las Vegas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Hello everyone, Iā€™m looking to switch my 9 month old Winnie from Farmina puppy ancestral grain lamb and blueberry to Natureā€™s Logic grain free beef line. Winnie is struggling badly with eye watering, tear stains and yeasty feet and Iā€™ve done some research and this brand seems to be really nice. Any feedback on it would be great! Iā€™m also a little confused if the ingredient ā€œyeast cultureā€ could be an issue? I attached a photo of the formula Iā€™m looking to switch him to. Any help I would appreciate ā˜ŗļø

Attachments

• IMG_1828.png
    IMG_1828.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 22

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello everyone, Iā€™m looking to switch my 9 month old Winnie from Farmina puppy ancestral grain lamb and blueberry to Natureā€™s Logic grain free beef line. Winnie is struggling badly with eye watering, tear stains and yeasty feet and Iā€™ve done some research and this brand seems to be really nice. Any feedback on it would be great! Iā€™m also a little confused if the ingredient ā€œyeast cultureā€ could be an issue? I attached a photo of the formula Iā€™m looking to switch him to. Any help I would appreciate ā˜ŗļø

I highly recommend Natures Logic brand for kibble as itā€™s the best for yeast issues cause itā€™s lower in carbs and is the lowest in yeast feeding ingredients and it has some berries for antioxidants which help with tear stains.

Itā€™s good option for allergies too when raw is not a option.

Also, it is whole food based, no synthetic vitamins or minerals are used which is great and it also has pre and probiotics in it which is basically the last half of the ingredients.

The distinction Sardine formula is really good for allergies too, there is also the grain free Red Meat formula and then a Land and Sea which is Grain free Beef and fish.

I highly recommend rotating proteins to prevent food Allergies and picky eater no matter what food you feed.

But this food is very premium, Natures Logic and Carna 4 is the only kibbles I would feed my dogs if I had to(they are raw fed and I will keep them on raw).

Yeast Culture ingredient is in lots of dog foods and wouldnā€™t create any Health issues. Itā€™s completely safe in dog food.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Tebow is almost 10 mos and for the last 2 months has had excessive tearing and stains & a few yeast infections in the ears and feet. His front paws have also been showing the same stains. He was on Fromme Puppy and I switched him over to Nature's Balance Puppy Lamb Limited Ingredient. He only gets water from the Brita jug now. (He drinks more now which is great!) A vet visit showed no obvious reason for the tearing. Being a former data analyst, I look for a reason for EVERYTHING! I switched his food as Fromme was primarily chicken and chicken meal & potatoes. But then I noticed my eyes were watering and 'gooping'. I live in the woods. Checked the pollen levels-yep, very high in our area and that's an eye irritant. Where does that red stain come from?

Then I read this-"Excessive tears most certainly exacerbate tear staining, but itā€™s the naturally occurring molecule porphyrin that causes the reddish-brown discoloration under a dogā€™s eyes. Porphyrins are waste products produced when the body breaks down iron, and theyā€™re excreted through tears, urine, saliva, and the digestive system in dogs. Itā€™s the iron in porphyrin thatā€™s responsible for the reddish coloring. While all dogs have porphyrin in their tears, some dogs have more than others. Porphyrin staining can be a normal cosmetic issue for many dogs rather than a health concern." (The iron comes from the natural destruction of red blood cells.) My breeder had recommended that Tebow get a supplement called "Nupro Natural Dog Supplement". Well, it's made from desiccated liver and other items. Too much iron?? So now I have stopped all supplements. The red stains showing up on his front paws (not the back) are likely from him licking them and that iron is in their saliva. That would explain those stains, I think.

I've tried a couple of tear stain removal products to no avail. But they probably won't work as long as his eyes produce so much tears. So I'm wiping those nose folds a few times a day with cotton pads to stay as dry as possible. I carefully use 3% hydrogen peroxide in the evening, making sure I don't get close to his eyes. There's not much I can do about the pollen in the air. I already have a whole house filtering system plus two HEPA filters that run in the house (for my benefit, not his). So now I wait to see if the food switch and the cessation of supplements will make any difference.

For yeast in the feet, I soaked his feet in epsom salts in the tub a couple of times a day for a few days plus soaked cotton balls with apple cider vinegar and wiped between his toes. That seemed to take care of those Frito Feet quickly. I think it helped to wipe his paws with baby wipes when coming back inside the house, after roaming through grass.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I forgot to mention for the tear stains, my dogs gets really watery eyes from the pollen allergies, I started him on Four Leaf Rover brand Red Rover berries and that solved the problem even when his eyes were very watery still.
He has been on it for over 2 years now and is still tear stain free!

I highly recommend giving that Four Leaf Rover ā€˜Red Roverā€™ berry blend a try for tear stains it works great!

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
I forgot to mention for the tear stains, my dogs gets really watery eyes from the pollen allergies, I started him on Four Leaf Rover brand Red Rover berries and that solved the problem even when his eyes were very watery still.
He has been on it for over 2 years now and is still tear stain free!

I highly recommend giving that Four Leaf Rover ā€˜Red Roverā€™ berry blend a try for tear stains it works great!
I'm going to place an order now. Thanks!

OP
winniebby

winniebby

Jun 17, 2023
Las Vegas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I highly recommend Natures Logic brand for kibble as itā€™s the best for yeast issues cause itā€™s lower in carbs and is the lowest in yeast feeding ingredients and it has some berries for antioxidants which help with tear stains.

Itā€™s good option for allergies too when raw is not a option.

Also, it is whole food based, no synthetic vitamins or minerals are used which is great and it also has pre and probiotics in it which is basically the last half of the ingredients.

The distinction Sardine formula is really good for allergies too, there is also the grain free Red Meat formula and then a Land and Sea which is Grain free Beef and fish.

I highly recommend rotating proteins to prevent food Allergies and picky eater no matter what food you feed.

But this food is very premium, Natures Logic and Carna 4 is the only kibbles I would feed my dogs if I had to(they are raw fed and I will keep them on raw).

Yeast Culture ingredient is in lots of dog foods and wouldnā€™t create any Health issues. Itā€™s completely safe in dog food.
Thank you so much this is so helpful!! Iā€™m definitely going to switch him over Iā€™m thinking the land and sea recipe. I wish I can get my little boy on raw but itā€™s just too expensive for us at the moment. I will update if it helps his obvious skin issues!

OP
winniebby

winniebby

Jun 17, 2023
Las Vegas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Tebow is almost 10 mos and for the last 2 months has had excessive tearing and stains & a few yeast infections in the ears and feet. His front paws have also been showing the same stains. He was on Fromme Puppy and I switched him over to Nature's Balance Puppy Lamb Limited Ingredient. He only gets water from the Brita jug now. (He drinks more now which is great!) A vet visit showed no obvious reason for the tearing. Being a former data analyst, I look for a reason for EVERYTHING! I switched his food as Fromme was primarily chicken and chicken meal & potatoes. But then I noticed my eyes were watering and 'gooping'. I live in the woods. Checked the pollen levels-yep, very high in our area and that's an eye irritant. Where does that red stain come from?

Then I read this-"Excessive tears most certainly exacerbate tear staining, but itā€™s the naturally occurring molecule porphyrin that causes the reddish-brown discoloration under a dogā€™s eyes. Porphyrins are waste products produced when the body breaks down iron, and theyā€™re excreted through tears, urine, saliva, and the digestive system in dogs. Itā€™s the iron in porphyrin thatā€™s responsible for the reddish coloring. While all dogs have porphyrin in their tears, some dogs have more than others. Porphyrin staining can be a normal cosmetic issue for many dogs rather than a health concern." (The iron comes from the natural destruction of red blood cells.) My breeder had recommended that Tebow get a supplement called "Nupro Natural Dog Supplement". Well, it's made from desiccated liver and other items. Too much iron?? So now I have stopped all supplements. The red stains showing up on his front paws (not the back) are likely from him licking them and that iron is in their saliva. That would explain those stains, I think.

I've tried a couple of tear stain removal products to no avail. But they probably won't work as long as his eyes produce so much tears. So I'm wiping those nose folds a few times a day with cotton pads to stay as dry as possible. I carefully use 3% hydrogen peroxide in the evening, making sure I don't get close to his eyes. There's not much I can do about the pollen in the air. I already have a whole house filtering system plus two HEPA filters that run in the house (for my benefit, not his). So now I wait to see if the food switch and the cessation of supplements will make any difference.

For yeast in the feet, I soaked his feet in epsom salts in the tub a couple of times a day for a few days plus soaked cotton balls with apple cider vinegar and wiped between his toes. That seemed to take care of those Frito Feet quickly. I think it helped to wipe his paws with baby wipes when coming back inside the house, after roaming through grass.
Thanks for the reply! I donā€™t believe Winnie is struggling with allergies as right now he hasnā€™t been outside very often (where I live itā€™s 115 degrees outside) itā€™s way too hot to have him out there. Iā€™m definitely going to try the epsom salts tonight I just went out and bought some!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thank you so much this is so helpful!! Iā€™m definitely going to switch him over Iā€™m thinking the land and sea recipe. I wish I can get my little boy on raw but itā€™s just too expensive for us at the moment. I will update if it helps his obvious skin issues!

Itā€™s good to rotate the proteins, so for example you could do 1 bag Land and Sea, next bag is Distinction Sardine, next bag could be Land and Sea again or you could try the Red Meat formula,
Etc, Rotating proteins is a great way to prevent picky eater and new food allergies.

My opinion the Natures Logic is the best for allergies of all kibble.

No legumes or potatoes are used so great for dogs with yeast issues and allergies!

Keep us updated on how it goes with the new food!

Members online

No members online now.