Sweden's Young Greta Thunberg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
in a way people did in the old days, of course - we seem to have lost the idea of saving and reusing in our generation!).

AGREED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You know, Iā€™ve been recycling for like 40yrs which I still do to this day and also bring clothes I donā€™t want anymore to the 2nd hand stores etc. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m all for recycling, clean environment and all.

But that speech this little Greta just gave at the UN, ā€œHOW DARE YOU?ā€ Thatā€™s definitely acting. There is no way a child of 16yrs old will be in rage n Pi*s off like her speech she gave. Definitely thereā€™s an adult(s) behind this. Like a puppet having her strings pulled. Whoever is behind this will cause issues to this poor child. This will backfire mark my word. You cannot change the whole world in a flick of a finger. It cost billions n billions of dollars. The plant already has money issues not going to our seniors, veterans, homeless, drugs, child abuse, trafficking, or countless times I gave my lunch to child at school cause they couldnā€™t afford eating one meal per day that was decent or none at all, man I can go on n on...but you all get my drift! Sorry but trying to get all kids nationwide to skip school to protest ? Well guess what, kids will do anything to get a day off from school. Their a*s needs to stay in school n be educated and not skip school to protest. At that age they have absolutely ā€œnoā€ experience in life n no clue why exactly they will protest. Kids are like sheep's. They follow whatā€™s trendy. Like vaping, now they are following like flies bit by bit, guns, drugs etc. Schools should teach students about climate change as they go through life so they will be more educated on the topic and can implement what they learned. But this poor Greta girl, someone is definitely behind this. So thatā€™s my opinion on this protest.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You know, Iā€™ve been recycling for like 40yrs which I still do to this day and also bring clothes I donā€™t want anymore to the 2nd hand stores etc. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m all for recycling, clean environment and all.

But that speech this little Greta just gave at the UN, ā€œHOW DARE YOU?ā€ Thatā€™s definitely acting. There is no way a child of 16yrs old will be in rage n Pi*s off like her speech she gave. Definitely thereā€™s an adult(s) behind this. Like a puppet having her strings pulled. Whoever is behind this will cause issues to this poor child. This will backfire mark my word. You cannot change the whole world in a flick of a finger. It cost billions n billions of dollars. The plant already has money issues not going to our seniors, veterans, homeless, drugs, child abuse, trafficking, or countless times I gave my lunch to child at school cause they couldnā€™t afford eating one meal per day that was decent or none at all, man I can go on n on...but you all get my drift! Sorry but trying to get all kids nationwide to skip school to protest ? Well guess what, kids will do anything to get a day off from school. Their a*s needs to stay in school n be educated and not skip school to protest. At that age they have absolutely ā€œnoā€ experience in life n no clue why exactly they will protest. Kids are like sheep's. They follow whatā€™s trendy. Like vaping, now they are following like flies bit by bit, guns, drugs etc. Schools should teach students about climate change as they go through life so they will be more educated on the topic and can implement what they learned. But this poor Greta girl, someone is definitely behind this. So thatā€™s my opinion on this protest.

I fully understand what you're saying about Greta's speech and style, but that part I actually believe in. She is no typical 16-year-old. She's an Asperger's kid who has found her voice and who manages to channel her stamina into this project. I totally agree that kids should be in school, but for her, the standard school system is not an option. Of coruse she must get help from others in writing her speeches (and there are definitely people capitalising on all this) but I do think the words and feelings emanate from her. In interviews she does not speak like a typical 16-year-old - far from it. What I find fascinating is that she has helped give 'otherness' (for lack of a better word) a face and many young people look up to her instead of finding her strange and unlike themselves. I'm not sure I think all the attention is good for her, she does make people react, and that is a good thing!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I SO agree w/you on this one as well... it seems to me like someone is handing her a script, and telling her to go out there and give it your all. It's sad really, because most people are sympathetic to kids so WHO really wants to argue w/that?!!

On the other hand, I remember being SO passionate about a cause... and NOT understanding why we couldn't just change the world to make it what we feel it SHOULD be?!! AND then you become an adult, and you realize that most problems are multi-faceted... it's not a one size fits all situation. Most world issues are complicated, and we don't have all the answers...

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I fully understand what you're saying about Greta's speech and style, but that part I actually believe in. She is no typical 16-year-old. She's an Asperger's kid who has found her voice and who manages to channel her stamina into this project. I totally agree that kids should be in school, but for her, the standard school system is not an option. Of coruse she must get help from others in writing her speeches (and there are definitely people capitalising on all this) but I do think the words and feelings emanate from her. In interviews she does not speak like a typical 16-year-old - far from it. What I find fascinating is that she has helped give 'otherness' (for lack of a better word) a face and many young people look up to her instead of finding her strange and unlike themselves. I'm not sure I think all the attention is good for her, she does make people react, and that is a good thing!

Well said friend!

HOPE.....that's the word that comes to mind. If she brings HOPE to otherwise cynical adults, makes people stop and pay even a little attention then BRAVO young lady!!!! I choose to remain hopeful and optimistic in this world of ours :)

Anyone who is familiar with Asperger Syndrome, regardless of placement on the spectrum, absolutely understands how impossible it would be to script this child. I remain so impressed by this child not only "finding her voice" under the heavy weight of Aspergers but the absolute passion she has. If only.....

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
True too, even though this was probably scripted up for her, like I mentioned you do have the odd ones. Kids are like sheepā€™s, they follow whatā€™s trendy so hopefully they listen and do it the right way and realize they can make a difference if they start with themselves at a young age.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
True too, even though this was probably scripted up for her, like I mentioned you do have the odd ones. Kids are like sheepā€™s, they follow whatā€™s trendy so hopefully they listen and do it the right way and realize they can make a difference if they start with themselves at a young age.

I will continue to have faith...and hope. There's always that chance that the words are not hers, but the PASSION certainly is..... :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I will continue to have faith...and hope. There's always that chance that the words are not hers, but the PASSION certainly is..... :)

Just reading Trumps tweet. What an a*s. Mocking a child with his stupid remark. This is what he tweeted...

She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!

Like WTH. Her speech was so intense n very upset. Then this dumbass goes mock a child. :facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

I've tried to find out if there is a ghostwriter/speech writer but don't seem to find anything on that. The way she speaks in Swedish interviews is the way her speeches sound - fact-based, strongly focused and with a pathos.

As [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] says, Greta gives hope, and she clearly irritates people with power, which is a good thing!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Just reading Trumps tweet. What an a*s. Mocking a child with his stupid remark. This is what he tweeted...

She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!

Like WTH. Her speech was so intense n very upset. Then this dumbass goes mock a child. :facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

Did you see Greta's response? She has nicked Trump's tweet and posted it as her own twitter presentation text!

When they go low, you need to go high ;-)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Did you see Greta's response? She has nicked Trump's tweet and posted it as her own twitter presentation text!

When they go low, you need to go high ;-)

No I didnā€™t see that one must go came on after... :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you continue to go into the political hole, I will close the thread.

I was allowing the conversation due to it being climate related and not specifically politics. With the last few posts... it is turning political

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
D4

I was allowing the conversation due to it being climate related and not specifically politics. With the last few posts... it is turning political

Youā€™re right...just she went to the UN climate change n why it continue...

Sorry about that Missy :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Point taken. Sorry.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Driving and having all them batteries sitting behind you? Pfffft fat chance Iā€™ll trust that. Lithium batteries are extremely expensive and still not recyclable. I saw not too long ago on tv you need a special technician to remove them batteries as you canā€™t. These are trained electrical technicians for them batteries or you will fry!!! Plus you need to ā€œpayā€ more.. loll we are so not there yet. Some of them vehicles even blew up killing the people inside. Maybe in my next life they will have ā€œspace carsā€ flying like the Jetsons lolll
Recently in the news a Tesla cop car ran out of juice chasing a badguy.

Yep...no planes, cars, cows in the future. According to AOC, the earth will die in 12 years.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.