Surgery day

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Awe..... poor little pitiful thing! She looks so sad.
Glad everything went well!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
1am - she ate a small amount of food but i had to hand feed It to her. Took all her meds and went potty outside ! (We weā€™re nervous she would have accidents in the house from the surgery meds) she tried to play for a little bit and is now sleeping! So far so good! Weā€™ve got a ā€œsnow dayā€ here tomorrow so luckily Iā€™ll be home with her. Iā€™m anticipating tomorrow being a little rough pain wise for her.

c1f1f4a74019c2e7ccbc7ffd7e185c8a.jpg

011a767d8be64220634bd1f4bf297f4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

Sweet baby... hope she heals up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Franny went in this morning.. dropped her off at 8am. She didnā€™t eat anything yesterday (signs of discomfort) Iā€™m scared but sooo happy that she will finally get some relief. To our surprise another bull dog walked in while we were waiting and he had the surgery last year! Mom said heā€™s doing great and his eyes donā€™t bother him anymore. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted when i pick her up tonight. Thank you everyone whoā€™s ever given me a sliver of advice, guidance or even just made me laugh here. Such a great community!

9c66dadfc95fecd1bf9d30a4ff759664.jpg

Sending much love to Ellie and her mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
I was just thinking about you guys this morning as I remembered it was surgery day! And you know I am interested in how it goes and the recovery so definitely keep us posted.

Good luck beautiful Franny...you got this!!

You know so far It really isnā€™t as awful as i imagined It. Her eyes have stitches and sheā€™s a little needy but sheā€™s playing, figuring out how to eat out of her bowls, going outside to pee. She slept with me last night on the couch right in my lap. The cone is getting in the way but i donā€™t want to take It off and then have her freak out when i try to put It back on. From what Iā€™m told the hard part is when she starts healing more and the stitches start itching. Sheā€™s got a little eye cream i put on once a day and a chewable pain pill (itā€™s like a Tylenol for dogs nothing narcotic)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy she's got it done-and doing well! She will learn to handle the cone pretty well. Mine wore it for two weeks, and they were pro's at doing whatever they wanted to do-except scratch the eyes! It is not worth taking a chance without the cone-they can do better than WE can!!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
So glad Frankie took to it well and now you can relax a bit more until the next thing comes along and as bully parents we know itā€™s coming. Give her big hugs and scratches from us

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You know so far It really isnā€™t as awful as i imagined It. Her eyes have stitches and sheā€™s a little needy but sheā€™s playing, figuring out how to eat out of her bowls, going outside to pee. She slept with me last night on the couch right in my lap. The cone is getting in the way but i donā€™t want to take It off and then have her freak out when i try to put It back on. From what Iā€™m told the hard part is when she starts healing more and the stitches start itching. Sheā€™s got a little eye cream i put on once a day and a chewable pain pill (itā€™s like a Tylenol for dogs nothing narcotic)

That is great news! I think one of my issues is seeing the pictures of it right after it's done. It kind of freaks me out. I hate going to the eye doctor and having them all up in my eyes. I don't know why, but I just have a thing with eyes and so the thought of doing an eye surgery on my baby scares me!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
f48eaa418a5a9a5755870e8cf005c699.jpg

Weā€™re grateful for everyoneā€™s well wishes ! Doing good today!

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is great news! I think one of my issues is seeing the pictures of it right after it's done. It kind of freaks me out. I hate going to the eye doctor and having them all up in my eyes. I don't know why, but I just have a thing with eyes and so the thought of doing an eye surgery on my baby scares me!

Frans got dark fur and skin so i can barely see her stitches unless Iā€™m all up in her face. I thought she would look like Edward scissor hands with the stitches but theyā€™re only under her eyes. And her eyes were pretty jacked up from what the doctor told me ahead of time (2 separate opinions) and her surgery was a simple standard procedure (and the low end of our quote thank goodness) even with the swelling i can see an immediate difference in the shape of her eyes. She used to have this ghoulish look and now sheā€™s got round cute swollen eyes lol. Iā€™m a psycho with her and superrrr over protective and so far Iā€™m extremely satisfied and confident with our results.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Frans got dark fur and skin so i can barely see her stitches unless Iā€™m all up in her face. I thought she would look like Edward scissor hands with the stitches but theyā€™re only under her eyes. And her eyes were pretty jacked up from what the doctor told me ahead of time (2 separate opinions) and her surgery was a simple standard procedure (and the low end of our quote thank goodness) even with the swelling i can see an immediate difference in the shape of her eyes. She used to have this ghoulish look and now sheā€™s got round cute swollen eyes lol. Iā€™m a psycho with her and superrrr over protective and so far Iā€™m extremely satisfied and confident with our results.

Great Job Franie!! You are not alone, I too am PSYCHO with Ellie, though I have calmed down a bit over time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
f48eaa418a5a9a5755870e8cf005c699.jpg

Weā€™re grateful for everyoneā€™s well wishes ! Doing good today!

Hi ya beautiful.... you will be all healed up in no time at all

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi ya beautiful.... you will be all healed up in no time at all

Itā€™s amusing watching her figure out how to maneuver in her cone

OP
megskee

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Still doing good! Her eyes are getting crusty but dr says itā€™s normal. She gets eye ointment twice a day and a little chewable pill for pain. Iā€™ve been sleeping on the couch with her so she doesnā€™t bust her *** trying to go up steps. Follow up with the dr is next week!

09042c8a673701e5f8dd3e15763082c9.jpg

1aefa980bf8b04bb3acf31e118b1c514.jpg

Members online

No members online now.