Spay Incontinence

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What you describe is quite common side effect of hormone replacement therapy. Other options for your girl are Proin and Imipramine. Itā€™s two other types of meds recommended for the problem, Iā€™m sure one of them will help your baby.
Iā€™m not sure if all these natural supplements will do the job, but I am a conventional doctor, so Iā€™m probably biased towards medicine:D

LJJ86

Feb 4, 2018
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper
We had a spay/age related incontinence problem with our bull mastiff.

We had incurin (hormonal, tightens up the muscles in the rear end, bladder etc) which we were able to keep her on the lowest possible dose (1/2 tablet a day) for many months. It stopped the leaking entirely at the time but eventually seemed to stop working and she was leaking huge puddles again.

We were then treating with propalin which did stop the incontinence- but I do strongly believe it shortened her life as she had dilated cardiomyopathy and within a short time of being on the propalin her symptoms significantly worsened (despite the vet saying she didn't feel the propalin was affecting her heart) and we had to have her PTS for heart failure.

YMMV but if I was in the same situation again I would be far more likely to go with the hormonal treatment first than go straight for the significant possible side effects of the propalin.

Members online

No members online now.