Snow day anybody ....??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], I have mentioned before I am a little OCD, I get very nervous and I can't even sleep or relax at night, I was raised this way, my mother made me BLEACH/MOP her two car garage floor once a month :eek: she was a bit obsessive as well.

I used to get on my kids nerves and I know I get on Joe's, he has learned to stay out of my way, I can not even relax if there is a fork in the sink and not in the dishwasher when I go to bed. Usually if I go away for the weekend I will take off Monday so I can stay home and clean. And WHY do you ask that I am in therapy? :crazy: besides over my son. I was off work today and cleaned out my walk in closet and lifted all the cushions on the couch, chairs and loveseat to sweep under. And was on my hands and knees doing baseboards. Somehow and somedays I feel that is the ONLY control I have. I believe less is more so I don't even have a bunch of knick-knacks, no collections, god as I am typing all this I KNOW I am a quack!!! having Vegas is a 24 hour job with the drool/slobber and hair. But I would not have it any other way!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Yep I'm about the same way. And like you I was raised that way except my mom didn't make us do anything that crazy! I NEVER let dishes sit in the sink, EVER! And when I say clean the house once a week I, like you, mean the deep cleaning. I do random cleaning everyday. Like I have a HUGE pet peeve with hair on the floor (pet or mine) so I vaccum my downstairs wood floor everyday, clean up dishes, wipe off the kitchen counters everyday, wipe the water up around the dog water bowl. To me its normal, maybe we are both a little nutty then LOL Luckily my mother-in-law is a really clean person so Dave grew up with it so I don't drive him too crazy. I get stuck in this thing where I don't trust Dave to take over any cleaning responsibilites except vaccuming the carpet upstairs because I don't feel like he'll do the other stuff right and my mother-in-law tells I have to let that go when I have kids so they learn responsibility, but if I need to redo their work later just don't let them see me LOL One thing I'll say I will NEVER get a 2 story house again! We bought a 2 story townhouse in May 2009, I had never lived in a 2 story and had no idea what a pain it is on cleaning day! It's going to be the death of me and my poor back!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Snow Pics...the fence is 3' and covered all along the South Side of the yard. The North side has a huge pine tree, so less actual snow cover there.

02-02-11005.jpg

Bruce took the pics after he'd done the majority of the cleanup.

02-02-11002.jpg

02-02-11006.jpg

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No snow here, of course, but DANG!! it is COLD! It's supposed to be in the 20's overnight. We were out earlier this evening and it was 33 and windy. We've gotten too spoiled living down here. We were FREEZING when we got home!!

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] I am envious hehe...im supposed to be moving to Phoenix within the next 6 months but for now i have to suffer with these ridiculous temps...today we were actually colder than the north pole if you can believe that

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i have been off work since tuesday.. jeff went into work mon nite at 730pm and didnt get home till tues at noon :eek: he has been off all week so anyone from the tx area expecting anything delievered from ups well you wont get it till the roads clear!!!! everything has shut down and we have been having rolling power outages the last few days, this weather is awful especially for us since were not used to all this and dont have all the equipment to clear the roads like needed

Members online

No members online now.