Puzzle Bowl/Slow Feeder

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just ordered the teal one and will see how he does with it. I really like the look of the ceramic ones that were in the link [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] posted for looks though but am afraid Chunky would break one of those

https://www.etsy.com/listing/236817497/no-stress-slow-feeder-large-dog-food?ref=market

Again the problem for plastic in my case is the eat tripe and yes the green real smelly one not bleached but frozen. Smells like hell! I know it will blend in the plastic and the bowl will eventually end up smelling. Why would Chunky break the ceramic one? Would he pick it up?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Again the problem for plastic in my case is the eat tripe and yes the green real smelly one not bleached but frozen. Smells like hell! I know it will blend in the plastic and the bowl will eventually end up smelling. Why would Chunky break the ceramic one? Would he pick it up?

His original bowls were ceramic and he managed to step on one of them causing it to tilt up and he jumped back. When it hit the ground again it split in half and luckily I witnessed it happen and swept it all up. He was just 4 months or so old when that happened.

I like that these bowls will possibly slow him down since I give him his food in two portions at each meal so he has time to breath and digest some. And like that it has a non skid bottom on it since the stainless bowl he eats out of now slides around the room.

I ordered the ceramic slow feed bowl and a matching water bowl to go with it. They take 6-8 weeks for delivery though

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
His original bowls were ceramic and he managed to step on one of them causing it to tilt up and he jumped back. When it hit the ground again it split in half and luckily I witnessed it happen and swept it all up. He was just 4 months or so old when that happened.

I like that these bowls will possibly slow him down since I give him his food in two portions at each meal so he has time to breath and digest some. And like that it has a non skid bottom on it since the stainless bowl he eats out of now slides around the room.

I ordered the ceramic slow feed bowl and a matching water bowl to go with it. They take 6-8 weeks for delivery though

Before I feed Duke I have to remove the water bowl cause when he sees food he starts jumping like a bunny and always lands in in the water bowl. But all pups do that. Im sure he'll grow out of it. Or maybe not cause we're talking about Duke lolll

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Before I feed Duke I have to remove the water bowl cause when he sees food he starts jumping like a bunny and always lands in in the water bowl. But all pups do that. Im sure he'll grow out of it. Or maybe not cause we're talking about Duke lolll

Okay, I had that same exact problem with Louie. He would jump like a bunny and always knock his food out of the bowl. What worked on Louie is impulse control. So I made him sit, then lowered the bowl down. Any time Louie would get up, I pull the bowl up and say no. They will learn quickly that they have to stay seated until the bowl goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay, I had that same exact problem with Louie. He would jump like a bunny and always knock his food out of the bowl. What worked on Louie is impulse control. So I made him sit, then lowered the bowl down. Any time Louie would get up, I pull the bowl up and say no. They will learn quickly that they have to stay seated until the bowl goes down.

Ohhh that's fixed... been 2 weeks now he sits beside Nyala 3' furthur and waits till I put the bowls down, stays till I say "OK" he still sits with ants in his pant but stays...lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ohhh that's fixed... been 2 weeks now he sits beside Nyala 3' furthur and waits till I put the bowls down, stays till I say "OK" he still sits with ants in his pant but stays...lol

Oh yeah! The ants in the pants...yup. Okay...Louie and Duke must be twins separated at birth.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So I got a slow feeder bowl for my human vacuum Duke. I figured I'll cut the tripes in cubes like ive been doing with rubber gloves n feed it to them separately like ive been doing for these pass few weeks. Took him 5mins to eat instead of one minute. I still find that fast for him.
98b754af0408cb9b5a978eefdd6797b8.jpg
7ad6c937821586f762bc960729d6a955.jpg
1ca5580fe1d2f49759b670f73165cb21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
That looks like the one I have/had for my sons pup.. worked good and she has a pointy nose

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
So I got a slow feeder bowl for my human vacuum Duke. I figured I'll cut the tripes in cubes like ive been doing with rubber gloves n feed it to them separately like ive been doing for these pass few weeks. Took him 5mins to eat instead of one minute. I still find that fast for him.
98b754af0408cb9b5a978eefdd6797b8.jpg
7ad6c937821586f762bc960729d6a955.jpg
1ca5580fe1d2f49759b670f73165cb21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That one of the ones I ordered for Chunky and I am wondering if he will ever attempt to eat out of it. LOL

He will probably be like alright the jokes over smart *** lets get the normal bowl back.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
That one of the ones I ordered for Chunky and I am wondering if he will ever attempt to eat out of it. LOL

He will probably be like alright the jokes over smart *** lets get the normal bowl back.

The last minute like I noticed Duke kinda getting fed up but he's a foodaholic so he kept at it.

Members online

No members online now.